The Toaster!!! And a few random shots (7 shots)

Some pictures can look good centered, but one of the most popular and common photographic rules is called the rule of third. You can google for more in depth information, but essentially, if you split the image in 3 sections vertically and then horizontally, the intersections of the lines are the highest points of impact / interest in the image.

Look at your last image and the one before, don't you find the one that is a bit off to the side more appealing visually?

Looking for repeating paterns, leading lines, S curves, angles/diagonals are also other things that make an image interesting.

Who is the someone who told you to center things?

As for going for a darker mood, try playing with black and white conversions, contrast, levels. Or desaturate an image, making things monotone and so on.

Thanks I appreciate the comments. You're right the second last image is a lot more appealing to my eye then the last one. I like playing around with different angles and different lines but when I took the Cube out I had it stuck in my head to put the vehicle in the center because of what this guy said. As far as who this guy is. Just another photographer I talk to.

Like other have said the photos are really underexposed
I like the composition of 1,5,6. You could have still used your flash to bring out the detail of car. or potientially changing the shutter speed. You had great light for a car photo shoot. Were you using a tripod?

I did not use the flash actually at all. I'm a little hesitant to use it because I don't want the glare back at me from the car. I don't know how to avoid seeing the light in the vehicle yet. And No I wasn't using a tripod. I forgot it at home hahahaha

whoa, easy there killer!

I didn't know you drove an hour and a half just to take pictures of your car...

Also, I find a tripod is a must for shooting your vehicle. especially if low lighting is possible. I always have mine with me.

Most reactions

Back