What's new

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum - Haunted Photo Shoot

Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
29
Location
Buckhannon, WV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a chances to get inside an old mental hospital.
It happens the be the 2nd largest cut sandstone building in the world - the first being the Kremlin...
I'm not terribly pleased with how these photos came out and I need a lot of practice on this - so I am going to go in with a guide in October and do long exposure, low-light photos of this place. Should prove entertaining at the least:


0c4484.jpeg

9fd8c3.jpeg

e449c9.jpeg

14e5ba.jpeg

0cf082.jpeg

5b71dd.jpeg

009bb5.jpeg

f806cb.jpeg

8f8f22.jpeg

7c0ddb.jpeg

92129e.jpeg

68f06b.jpeg

23bd01.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Wow... what a place. I would kill to be able to get into a place like that for a day (or ten). Nicely captured. Looking forward to round two.
 
Nice. Looking forward to the next round.

I would kill to be able to get into a place like that for a day (or ten).
Been there, done that; not much fun at all. Oh, you mean to photograph? That might be worthwhile. ;)
 
In cases like this it is best to shoot every scene in multiple exposures of shots under and over exposed. That way you'll have a lot of dynamic range and do interesting things with the pictures.
 
Man, that place looks spooky! I don't think I would go In there after dark...

I like the second to last photo of the hallway.
 
That's so awesome. #8 is seriously creepy. I was on their website just the other day reading about their photography tours. Sounds fun! :D
 
Cool place! I like the doll in the cradle, it looks so undisturbed, yet so old...as tlrc said, "seriously creepy"! I also like the first shot, the clear blue sky and bright white tower in contrast to the the dark, dreary building below. Looking forward to the next set.
 
All it needs is a clown standing in the shadows.
 
That first doll photo is pretty freakin creepy

Just curious, how did you get access?
 
That's a great place for using a couple of off camera flash units.


I'm sure. I don't own a speedlite, external flash or anything of the sort. My budget just doesn't have that written into it at the moment.
I'm lucky to get what I get (photo wise) when I get it and I can't remember a time when I used the built-in flash on the camera itself.
I did get a couple soft boxes for my house to play around with so I can start to learn lighting - but I have never once used a hot shoe adapter / flash in my life.
 
That's a great place for using a couple of off camera flash units.


I'm sure. I don't own a speedlite, external flash or anything of the sort. My budget just doesn't have that written into it at the moment.
I'm lucky to get what I get (photo wise) when I get it and I can't remember a time when I used the built-in flash on the camera itself.
I did get a couple soft boxes for my house to play around with so I can start to learn lighting - but I have never once used a hot shoe adapter / flash in my life.

Seeing as that place was dark, you could close your aperture more, shoot at long exposure then paint your subject with a little $5 flashlight. The other methods i do it is shoot many over and underexposed, then in post i combine them without introducing noise by messing around with the single raw files exposure too much.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom