The Universe, in a 1/4" space.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photo of a raindrop on my window after a storm. I love the way it looks like there i a little mini solar system in the background. Let me know what you think! :)

Both shot with Nikon D90, Sigma 105mm macro, 1/1000s ISO200, F/20 in natural light.

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

Mark

The first one is a beautiful abstract photo. The second one does not seem to have the same power. Nicely seen.

The second is supposed to focus on strictly inside the drop, as in the entire system is contained inside it. I like the first better too, though. Thanks alot! I value your opinion particularly.

Mark

1st shot is excellent. Love it, love it. I'm a big fan of abstract (to the point of knowing nothing about what you're looking at) and used to do digital manipulation just for that feel. #1 gives a great sense of abstract and yes, it does look like a universe/space photo which makes it even cooler. Great job.

Thanks alot Nate.

Just for clarification, there has been no manipulation. I put the sun a tad to the right of the drop, and that created all that was needed (And how I got 1/1000s at F/20 and ISO200. :D ).

Thanks guys.
Mark

Cool. It looks like there has been a hole punched from one universe into another.

Wow, I agree the first one is amazing, it doesnt even look like what you said it was.

Thanks alot Nate.

Just for clarification, there has been no manipulation. I put the sun a tad to the right of the drop, and that created all that was needed (And how I got 1/1000s at F/20 and ISO200. :D ).

Thanks guys.
Mark

I thought it was actually a night time shot with stars.

Well done!

what?!

Interesting patterns, the first one is really something else.

I don't mean this to sound bad, but if I'd taken the first one I'd have deleted it. I just wouldn't have interpreted it the way you did. When I first saw the photo, I was like, "meh." But after reading your explanation it made it really, really cool. I hope that came across the right way. I just need to open my mind more. Or have you look at my photos before I delete them! :lmao:

Nice job!

One quick question...how much of this photo was planning and how much was interpretation after the fact?

The entire photo was planning. Ive seen photos of a class of water or something similar or a water drop with a scenic landscape behind it which becomes the subject of the photo. After seeing these for a while, I figured Id try it out for myself with the drops left on the window after a storm we had. Ive seen them of buildings, trees, and such things, but never of the sun. So, that was what I set out for. And That is what I got.

Mark

Most reactions

Back