The videogame corner

jovince3000

Fried potato lover
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven,t found a thread where we talk about videogames, was wondering if anybody had this hobby too on the forum?

So here's a thread where we can talk about upcoming games you're exited about, what you played recently, little critiques, screenshot, funny stuff, anything related to the gamers of the community. Might be a good spot to exchange Steam names!

I'm going first

I recently pre-ordered The Witcher III : Wild hunt, on steam that is currently 20% off until its release (19 of may in my region). Really exited about the game since I loved the second one, hope it will be worth the wait ^^

I also recently played REUS, a strategy-god game where you control 4 giant gods, all each with different abilities that you use to shape the planet you are on. Assure the planet strive, but don't over-do it as the human on it may turn on you. Key is in balance and there's a lot of strategy and thinking into action. I really liked it ^^.

So what did you play recently ? What game are you waiting for to come out ?

I remember playing video games for a long time, ever since I can remember. I was big into the Rainbox Six games/series for a long time. Hours upon hours playing those online. Then there was a lull. My wife got me back into video games a few years ago, and time got wasted on Black Ops and Grand Theft Auto V.

Gran Turismo III and IV were other ones that I spent significant amounts of time playing. I would even do those 'silly' 24-hour races, me racing for about 20 minutes and then having the computer finish for me, haha.

Good times. :) I don't play much anymore.. I just can't seem to find the time, unfortunately. And, whenever I have the extra cash, it usually goes towards the house or other hobbies rather than a new game or system.

ETA: Thinking back, I had a lot of systems through the ages: Atari 2600, Nintendo NES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo Gameboy, Sega Game Gear, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Playstation 2, Nintendo Game Cube, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360.

Last edited:
Yup been addicted since Nintendo...
Currently have a 360, PS3, and Xbox One. Most of my time has been on the One.
Games: The Witcher 3, Battlefield Hardline, Forza Horzion 2, Destiny, Madden 15, and GTA 5.
GT: BaM BooZeLLed

I have slowed more then ever but I think its just the growing up process, other things have priority haha.

I used to play far too much. I was a Nintendo, Wii, and ps1-3 guy. My all time favorite game was SOCOM Confrontaion. That game is also the reason I don't play anymore. I don't know how many hours I logged play but, I know it was for two winters straight (laid off due to temps that wouldn't allow for masonry to be done) from 7am until half hour before the wife would come home from work 5pm-ish. I would then clean up the house have dinner cooking and shower. When she went to bed 10pm I would jump back on and play till about 3am. After the second year of doing this I reflected on myself and found that I was feeling really non productive in my life and that's when I decided to pick up a camera and do something more than sit in front of a TV for hours on end. I just wanted to find a way to improve myself and gaming didn't make me a better person. Every once in a while though I will check out some SOCOM gameplay on YouTube. I do miss that game but, the servers were shut down a year after I quit playing.

I've been really big into Dota 2 for the past few years but have gotten out of it lately, too much other stuff to do. I do still kill time with single player games, GTA V right now.

I used to play far too much. I was a Nintendo, Wii, and ps1-3 guy. My all time favorite game was SOCOM Confrontaion. That game is also the reason I don't play anymore. I don't know how many hours I logged play but, I know it was for two winters straight (laid off due to temps that wouldn't allow for masonry to be done) from 7am until half hour before the wife would come home from work 5pm-ish. I would then clean up the house have dinner cooking and shower. When she went to bed 10pm I would jump back on and play till about 3am. After the second year of doing this I reflected on myself and found that I was feeling really non productive in my life and that's when I decided to pick up a camera and do something more than sit in front of a TV for hours on end. I just wanted to find a way to improve myself and gaming didn't make me a better person. Every once in a while though I will check out some SOCOM gameplay on YouTube. I do miss that game but, the servers were shut down a year after I quit playing.
I was the same way with a few games, depending on the year.. I was real big into the Rainbow Six games, used to play it all hours, had friends over to do LAN parties, my team 'topped the charts', so to speak, for a few weeks. It was thrilling. Definitely agree--it's when you realize how many hours you end up logging/'wasting' with those games, that you stop playing, haha.

I was the same way with Gran Turismo III and IV, COD: Black Ops, and Grand Theft Auto III and IV. My wife tried to get me into GTA V, and it's really fun, but I stopped playing it a few weeks after buying it.

I was the same way with a few games, depending on the year.. I was real big into the Rainbow Six games, used to play it all hours, had friends over to do LAN parties, my team 'topped the charts', so to speak, for a few weeks. It was thrilling. Definitely agree--it's when you realize how many hours you end up logging/'wasting' with those games, that you stop playing, haha.

I was the same way with Gran Turismo III and IV, COD: Black Ops, and Grand Theft Auto III and IV. My wife tried to get me into GTA V, and it's really fun, but I stopped playing it a few weeks after buying it.

Yeah towards the end of my run I was playing with a "clan" as they are called that was held in pretty high regards. Two of the players were invited to test the games before they were put out to beta. I did see a couple of interviews with the one guy when he was on the press release which was kind of neat. That was towards the end for me though so I didn't really have too much of a repore with them.
My wife never really gave me any grief about all the time I spent gaming either. Which was pretty cool of her.
Once in a great while I'll pop in some GTA (I have a few of them) and play for an hour or two. It's just funny how time flies when playing. I never got into any of the COD's. I didn't like them because I didn't like the free for all type of gaming and not a fan of first person shooter. That's why I liked SOCOM. It was third person shooter and you had to work as a team to win. Coordination was key with guys working together to call out locations of the enemy. Additionally, when playing a ranked game there was no respawn. Which I liked cause it was all the more reason to work together as a team. Ugh! Just talking about it makes me miss it. Lol.

Time does fly when playing games... My wife was the same way. :smile:

That's why I liked SOCOM. It was third person shooter and you had to work as a team to win. Coordination was key with guys working together to call out locations of the enemy. Additionally, when playing a ranked game there was no respawn. Which I liked cause it was all the more reason to work together as a team. Ugh! Just talking about it makes me miss it. Lol.
I bet I would have liked SOCOM if I tried it.. because, it's funny, I liked the game modes where you couldn't respawn or where you had to work as a team to win. I can't remember which mode it was in COD, but I liked the one where you had to work as a team to win, rather than the free-for-all ones. My brother-in-law tried to get me into SOCOM, but at the time, I was all into the computer games.

Although, the Metal Gear Solids games were highly addictive for me, as well. I always laughed when hiding in a box.

Rainbow six.. I don,t recall how many hours I've passed in that, what a good time. Online with teamates was the best time I had playing videogame back in the days.

I've been playing the witcher III since it came out now. I'm 48 hours in. Didn't even pass the first chapter, the amount of side quest on the map is just crushing. For every quest you complete, you catch 2-3 more along the way, and somtime, when you f*cking WALK, you ear something and you get side quest from hearing people TALK.... .... .... I've probably done over 200 quest now, and each and every single one has a deep layer of story behind them.

I need help, I can't get out of that game, it want to keep me prisoner forever.

Time does fly when playing games... My wife was the same way. :smile:

That's why I liked SOCOM. It was third person shooter and you had to work as a team to win. Coordination was key with guys working together to call out locations of the enemy. Additionally, when playing a ranked game there was no respawn. Which I liked cause it was all the more reason to work together as a team. Ugh! Just talking about it makes me miss it. Lol.
I bet I would have liked SOCOM if I tried it.. because, it's funny, I liked the game modes where you couldn't respawn or where you had to work as a team to win. I can't remember which mode it was in COD, but I liked the one where you had to work as a team to win, rather than the free-for-all ones. My brother-in-law tried to get me into SOCOM, but at the time, I was all into the computer games.

Although, the Metal Gear Solids games were highly addictive for me, as well. I always laughed when hiding in a box.
There is a computer based game out that my brother showed me that I was really tempted to buy but, it's pc based and I switched to Mac a year or so ago. It's a zombie/GTA type game with a wide opened map where you spawn into a world with nothing and need to find everything. I think it was called "DayZ". Gameplay videos on YouTube are interesting. It's an online based game so the team idea is kind of neat. There are videos out of game play where other gamers are caught and made to be slaves and do some interesting things. A little creepy and funny.

First 3 socoms were my all time favorites, after confrontation they started to dip off ;(

I still need to get a PS4. My laptop is powerful enough to play most games at Medium, but it have an SSD, and games are now 14-20 GB (it was only a few years ago that they are 1-2 GB :icon_sad:).

I don't understand why everyone complains of lack of good games for these systems. I have a backlog of at least 10 games that I want to play once I pick a system up.

Anyone with a ps4? Hit me up runnah555

Yes really big in video games, currently playing the Witcher 3.. SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW FALLOUT!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back