What's new

The Village the Never Was?

Bull Goose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was riding my bike the other day and I came upon a path that led away from the main road. I followed it, and it soon turned into a proper road which had been hidden from view by a stand of trees. It was clearly disused. It led up a hill to what appears to be a village or some sort of recreation area that was still-born. The strange thing is there's no evidence of any buildings having ever been here.

It has a baseball diamond and tennis courts,
P4190032.jpg


sewers,
P4190001.jpg


roads, avec signs,
P4190018-1.jpg




and steps and power lines that go nowhere.
P4190016.jpg

Comments appreciated, especially if someone knows what this was or was supposed to be. It's across the highway from the Ottawa aviation museum.

Edit: I just realized that it might be an old trailer park. It's pretty elaborate, there's a bunch more than the pictures show. Hmm.
 
Wow... That's quite interesting!
I like the weeds breaking through the tennis court...
 
Yeah it was eerie. I was actually a bit uneasy while I was there, although there was no rational reason to feel that way.

Thanks for the comments.
 
That's really wierd... Try and dig up some info on it! Really good find!
 
What a great catch.
Im hoping to be in Ottawa, June, or August. Might go track this down if you are interested again. :)
 
What a great catch.
Im hoping to be in Ottawa, June, or August. Might go track this down if you are interested again. :)

Unfortunately I won't be here for the summer. If you want to go there, go east from the city along the Rockcliffe Parkway until you pass the Rockcliffe airport/aviation museum, and immediately look for "airport marina rd". The path that leads to this place is directly across the parkway from that road.
 
Unfortunately I won't be here for the summer. If you want to go there, go east from the city along the Rockcliffe Parkway until you pass the Rockcliffe airport/aviation museum, and immediately look for "airport marina rd". The path that leads to this place is directly across the parkway from that road.
Very cool. Thanks for the directions. I will have to make my way there. I never made it to the aviation museum last time. I spent one day in the War Museum. :lol: thanks again.
 
it looks like a cool spot for lots of photos.
 
If it was greener and slightly more overgrown I would guess it was one of the neighborhoods devastated by Hurricane Katrina! Very interesting photos.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom