The wait is over!

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A last minute decision and change of plans yesterday evening. Took a friend to the All City Preview scrimmages. So football season finally got here. All shot with Canon 1D mk IV and the Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS USM.

1)
All City Preview0033.jpg

2)
All City Preview0090.jpg

3)
All City Preview0158.jpg

4)
All City Preview0284.jpg

5)
All City Preview0286.jpg

It's great to have a 300 mm F2.8, would you not agree?

Thanks @Dean_Gretsch.

I am planning on shooting my alma maters first 8-man football game next Friday. It will be a true test of this lens and camera because the lighting will be a real challenge as the game goes on.

Again, going to be a fun season.

When I was a young kid, my town played eight-man football. Man, what a game! The crazy scores! The wild pass plays, the incredible runs from scrimmage!

I was looking at a college baseball doubleheader that I last shot with my 300/2.8,and the incredibly high number of keepers I got with it after not having shot a single baseball game in seven years. The lens is just made for baseball! In fact I think on a percentage basis the 300/2.8 is possibly the single best picture-maker for sports of many types.

With today's higher and higher megapixel cameras, cropping in has become a real, viable possibility. With a 24 megapixel or higher camera, I have almost no compunction against cropping away half of the frame, to pull out whatever image lies within .

Last edited:
My first game is this Sat.
The one and only day game of the season.
The yearbook kids just don't get why I keep harping on shooting DAY games. PLENTY OF LIGHT.

The yearbook kids just don't get why I keep harping on shooting DAY games. PLENTY OF LIGHT.

They don't know what they don't know. After Saturday, they will know what they don't know. Day games are good.

They don't know what they don't know. After Saturday, they will know what they don't know. Day games are good.

In class today, I asked "who is shooting football on Saturday?"
The silence was upsetting.
Then, only TWO of them said they are going.

I told them two weeks ago, before my 1 week break, about the DAY game on Sat.
It seemed to have gone in one ear, and out the other. ARGH . . . kids. :BangHead:
A golden opportunity slipping through their fingers.

Well, I shall see who else shows up on Sat.

@ac12, I feel you there. Can't pass that up for sure.

Good luck with the game. I start tonight at my alma mater, a really small school playing their first 8-man game. I haven't been to a game at this field in over 20 years.

Have fun with your new toy. Nice shots. Ed

It was 95+ with no breeze :(
I was cooking in the light jacket that I wore to protect myself from the sun. But when I took off the jacket, the sun was hard on the bare skin (even with sun block).

Top of the camera got pretty HOT.

We lost :(, but I got some good pics :)
That was our one and only day game.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back