The Waterworks - for C & C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spend a very cold afternoon down by the lake here in Toronto and got some nice shots. What do you think?

Waterworks2-244-EDIT.jpg

Waterworks2-1121-EDIT.jpg

Waterworks2-460-EDIT.jpg

Waterworks2-435-EDIT.jpg

Waterworks2-249-EDIT.jpg

Waterworks2-034-EDIT.jpg

Waterworks2-538-EDIT.jpg

I like these pictures. I think I like #1 the best. I like the mood it conveys - serious, surreal, isolation. It really must've been a cold day!

I love #1. I think that's the real winner here.
But, I think it could be cropped to a landscape orientation, a lose a big bit of the sky, and a little bit of the forground, that's what I see in my mind. Use your browser to crop it just above the tree, and equally below the lowest rock. That still keeps plenty of interesting sky detail.

I like this series.

I love #1. I think that's the real winner here.
But, I think it could be cropped to a landscape orientation, a lose a big bit of the sky, and a little bit of the forground, that's what I see in my mind. Use your browser to crop it just above the tree, and equally below the lowest rock. That still keeps plenty of interesting sky detail.

Here's another one of the same spot where I pretty much did what you suggested. I didn't undertake the same post processing as the 1st one, obviously.

Waterworks2-716-EDIT.jpg

i got to say #1...what do you have to do to produce these kind of photos? or is it just some nice ass lens and filter....

i got to say #1...what do you have to do to produce these kind of photos? or is it just some nice ass lens and filter....

Thanks. To be honest, every one of these photos and those on my blog are shot with a four year old, $149.00 point & shoot camera. No bad ass lens. No filters. Just point, and shoot, then post-process. :)

Next year I'm getting a Nikon D90. Then the fun begins.

Thanks. To be honest, every one of these photos and those on my blog are shot with a four year old, $149.00 point & shoot camera. No bad ass lens. No filters. Just point, and shoot, then post-process. :)

Goes to prove that, as the say, it's the "fool" not the "tool". Even more kudos for making do with a minimalistic set up. #2 by the way seems to have the tonality of the recent post-apocalyptic movie "The Road" - and I loved the cinematography in that movie.

BTW, I am trying my newbie hand at some surreal photos - several of them are in my photoblog.

Alberto

Oooh! I love #1(B). Tighter than I was thinking, but I LOVE it.

Good job with these. :thumbup:

Next year I'm getting a Nikon D90. Then the fun begins.

your photos are more nicer then mine...and i have a d40...i hate you..hahaa

BTW, I am trying my newbie hand at some surreal photos - several of them are in my photoblog.

Alberto

You're photos are awesome, Alberto. Nice camera, too. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back