What's new

The waves of the destiny

110% agreed with Rex. The original photo is a great photo. Very clever Composition. However, The moon is a little far fetched. Photoshop is always your friend, but I think this crosses a line between photography and graphic art...
 
To the OP, I like the moon in it. Of COURSE it doesn't look real at all, but that's fine for this fantasy image.

Then again, I don't recognize imaginary, arbitrary "lines" between photography and graphic art, other than in journalism/documentary photography.
 
To the OP, I like the moon in it. Of COURSE it doesn't look real at all, but that's fine for this fantasy image.

Then again, I don't recognize imaginary, arbitrary "lines" between photography and graphic art, other than in journalism/documentary photography.

There is a difference between enhancing the natural elements in a photograph, and what is done in the photo in this thread. I'm not saying it's a bad image. It's very good. However, it's been drastically altered. If you can't do it in a darkroom, you're flirting with graphic art. It's not a bad thing... it's just not my style in photography.
 
To the OP, I like the moon in it. Of COURSE it doesn't look real at all, but that's fine for this fantasy image.

Then again, I don't recognize imaginary, arbitrary "lines" between photography and graphic art, other than in journalism/documentary photography.

There is a difference between enhancing the natural elements in a photograph, and what is done in the photo in this thread. I'm not saying it's a bad image. It's very good. However, it's been drastically altered. If you can't do it in a darkroom, you're flirting with graphic art. It's not a bad thing... it's just not my style in photography.
Brace yourself...

You CAN do this in a darkroom, and photographers have done so throughout the history of photography. Sometimes it's obvious, like in this example, other times you'd never detect it, yet it would be JUST AS manipulated, and you'd give it a pass as a "real" photograph because you wouldn't know any better.

That's why I say it's an imaginary, arbitrary "line".

What? Did you think someone at Adobe invented compositing? LOL!
 
Last edited:
I know it's not real, but in my opinion it doesn't look realistic. It's not....polished.

And yes, there have been, and still are photographers who do extensive composites in the darkroom.

Take Jerry Uelsmann for example. Jerry Uelsmann
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom