The wheels on the car go...flat as a pancake!?

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I get in my car today and i check my tyres as i usually do, i decide they need a little air as they are a little low. I get down the road and i hear this thud thud thud thud thud kinda knocking noise and i'm all like WTF *IS* that noise?!? I can't work it out, so I go to the garage to get some air in my tyres and I go to put air in my back tyre and the thing is flat as a pancake!! How does that happen in 5 minutes of being parked to getting to the garage! Surely this is not normal and I am pretty lucky I didn't have a blow out! Could someone have messed with my tyres or am I completely paranoid?!? I pumped all the tyres up to the required level and am now on 24 hour tyre pressure watch until i figure out if i now need to buy a new bloomin tyre!

There. I needed to rant about that.

If its not the tyre making the knocking noise, what else could it be?! Anyone?

Im sure there aren't any small people locked in my boot...

What car is it?

If in doubt about tyres get them checked. A local place should be willing to check them for free. Phone around and ask.

that tire should be replaced. riding around on the sidewall did not to good for it...

yeh, I know its going to have done some damage, Im going to get it checked out. I just wondered what could have caused it to go so flat in the first place.

I'm going to see if its gone flat again in the morning. If it has I probably wont even attempt to start it let alone drive it. Luckily I know a couple of good mechanics so they'll hopefully be able to have a look at it for me for nothing - its not even my car, its my mums, but I use it more of the time and so I feel its kinda my responsibility to look after it.

Most reactions

Back