The Winter World of Plitvice (Croatia) I

cumi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photos made on 30.dez in nature park of Plitvice in Croatia.

Hopefully, the photos can communicate the magic atmosphere from that late afternoon: -10C, foggy, lots of snow, very-very high humidity, partly frozen waterfalls and lakes.

"Plitvicka Jezera" (Lakes of Plitvice, 2 hours from Zagreb) are know by it's 16 lakes connected by waterfalls. One of the most beautiful nature atraction in former Yugoslavia. Due the winter conditions, we could see only 3-4 out of 16 lakes.

More infos you can find here: http://www.np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/

DSC_3172.jpg

DSC_3168.jpg

DSC_3167.jpg

DSC_3166.jpg

DSC_3163.jpg

DSC_3155.jpg

DSC_3150.jpg

DSC_3144.jpg

DSC_3142.jpg

DSC_3140.jpg

Continuing here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107679

Wow, Photo 4 is ever so fascinating.
And boy, is that water clear (as show Photos 9 and 10, while 9 best explains itself when we have seen Photo 10 at last).

But I feel like I now must go get my hot water bottle to get rid of the shivers of cold these give me upon viewing only ;). I doubt I can still manage to look at part 2 :wink: ...

Thank you so much for sharing!

I have been there in the summer time many years ago, ... more than 20 years ago actually... but I think I can even remember some of the places on your photographs :)

During the recent war, there was quite a bit of fighting going on in those woods surrounding Plitvice.

#2 and #4 :hail:

Thanks for the lot of positive feedbacks!

During the recent war, there was quite a bit of fighting going on in those woods surrounding Plitvice.

Yes. The war drops a bit shade on the beautiful nature. There was a lot of fighting arund this place (Slunj, Karlovac, Gospic to name some of the heavyly damaged cities near by).

Actually, at the very beginning (spring of '91), IIRC it was Plitvice, where the first open and armed conflict between croatian police and yugoslavian army (JNA) took place. Nobody belived it can escalate so much, but then "Plitvice Event" happened. Then it escalated even more...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back