A young lady going to temple, burning the incense for praying:

_MG_0703.jpg

A smile from a farmer picking up the green tea leaves:

HDRResize1of1-5.jpg

...and some ladies fishing by the net on the beach:

HDRResize1of1-14.jpg

The elderly lady bringing the dry corn plant home to feed the cattle:

_MG_9578.jpg

A lady rowing her boat on the mekong river, south of Vietnam.

MienTay.jpg

Hope you like it and please share if you have any photos of Vietnamese women in their everyday life that you like. Thank you.

Photo 3 is the best - and by far, so I think.

There are too many here to give you any in-depth critique.
So I can only say in general that the first would fall through if it were mine. We can't see her face, she is in the wrong place within the frame (ought to be over on the left, bowing into the right), and I am not overly fond of the blades of grass in the foreground - very out of focus.

I agree, the third one is the best. I also agree that there are too many in one post!
Very brief C&C; bear in mind I'm an amateur myself and my opinion may be worth very nearly what you paid for it.

#1: I don't mind not seeing her eyes in this one, but I don't like her placement in the frame. As LaFoto pointed out, she should be moving INto the frame, not out of it.

#2: I like this, but I'm a sucker for old people's character-rich faces. I wish her whole face were just a little more in focus, and that red thread on the shoulder of her jacket really distracts me (easily fixed in pp).

#3: This is just lovely. Only two nitpicks I'd give it is that her white top is somewhat blown out (though, to be honest, that doesn't bother me that much here) and there is what seems to me like pointless negative space behind her (photo left). I'd crop in a little closer to her on that left side, if it was me.

#4: I actually like this one too; we see her smiling face, and she is facing into (most of) the empty space in the frame. However, I think I'd like it better if there were less negative space behind her (photo right this time) and a little less foreground.

#5: Nice idea, but FOR ME, it doesn't quite work. Horizon is a little tilted and the person on the far left of the photo is nearly cut off (will be cut off if you put a frame on this). I would like to have seen the person in the foreground a little closer to the bottom right of the photo, and that would have given room to the left of the person who is almost cut off. Also--not being familiar with Vietnam and daily life there, I have no idea what they are doing. Since I don't have any idea what they're doing, and I can't see their faces, it's hard for me to find a point of interest.

#6: I like this. I really can't speak much to whether it's technically sound, but again, I'm kind of a sucker for photos of old people carrying stuff like this. Just doesn't happen much in America.

#7: I like the composition of this one, but the trees are so dark they kind of draw my attention away from the actual subject.

That's my completely unprofessional opinion. Keep shooting!

Really like the second one, especially how the face was lit.

The Tea plantation photo is great too, but I think it can be brighten a bit.

The old lady carrying the dry corn photo can have shallower depth of field.

My special thanks and great appreciation to Lafoto and Sm4him for your help and contribution.

I cropped the photo a little bit so that it would "move" into the fame like suggested by you two.

_MG_2599-2.jpg

This Photo I just simply want to picture an image of a lady working in the rice field and more focus on her pose rather than face. However, again, I will try one with the face shown to see how it change. Thank you very much again.

I like the first one, especially the crop. It tells a story- no face needed. What I don't like is how the top of her hat intersects with the horizon. I'd like to see it from a higher vantage point so her hat has more field behind it, or a lower vantage point with the horizon intersecting her elsewhere.

I like your photos. But, I wonder why some of these (2, 3, and 4) are here, when they have already been posted and have received C&C in your other threads.

I like the first one, especially the crop. It tells a story- no face needed. What I don't like is how the top of her hat intersects with the horizon. I'd like to see it from a higher vantage point so her hat has more field behind it, or a lower vantage point with the horizon intersecting her elsewhere.

Thank you Mommy-medic, your comment is well noted and I appreciate it :). Best to you.

I like the crop of that first photo MuCH better--it makes the woman more the focal point of your photo and still conveys her environment quite well. I do agree with mommymedic about the hat intersecting the horizon, but there's nothing you can do about that in THIS particular photo and it doesn't (for me at least) cause enough of a distraction to take away from the photo. Just something to keep in mind next time.
I'm enjoying the pictorial tour of your homeland! Kind of inspires me to do a similar thing with my own city; might be interesting! That is, IF I ever get to go out and shoot again. I haven't gotten to do any photography in about two weeks now and it's making me VERY grumpy!:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back