The Work Dodgers

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So after skipping work due to a huge project that went wrong in as many ways as possible the other day, I got to wondering.. what was your last excuse to skip work? What was the best one?

I can't remember the excuse, but one time (quite a long time ago) I called in sick so I could go to a triple A baseball game with my best friend and her boyfriend and his family. It was awesome. :)

"My car's broken down and i'm stuck in Sydney"

(really I was out getting drunk in some night club in Sydney CBD :lol: )

Just last week I called in with a "Plumbing emergency". I tried to do some plumbing work on my house one night and I gave up after about 5 tries. I couldn't get the pipes back together without them leaking or spraying everywhere. I needed to take the next day off, hit Home Depot a few times and replace a lot more pipe than I wanted to.

Of course, I probably should have just gone to work and hired a plumber...that would have been more cost effective. :roll:

Big Mike said:
Just last week I called in with a "Plumbing emergency". I tried to do some plumbing work on my house one night and I gave up after about 5 tries. I couldn't get the pipes back together without them leaking or spraying everywhere. I needed to take the next day off, hit Home Depot a few times and replace a lot more pipe than I wanted to.

Of course, I probably should have just gone to work and hired a plumber...that would have been more cost effective. :roll:

Lol.. yeah probably... But you started it and had to finish right?

When I'd get called into work: "I didn't hear the phone" (real meaning: I turned the ringer off)

I pretty much told the truth if I needed a day off. I gave them advance notice.

I know ive called in sick once or twice to take the ngiht off saying I didn't feel well. Usually when I do it, it's true.

I took a sickie every week for 10 weeks!!!! But only for a 1hr class, and got paid for it.
I was suppossed to be a teacher's aide with a teacher but she said she didn't want me, so I asked if she could just keep me down on the roster with her but I would just never come. She said that was fine. So I was getting paid to do whatever I wanted. YAY!

Yes... working for french education is pure bliss. (insert sarcasm here) It was only one hour a week I got off. And I was only supposed to be working 12hours a week anyway, so it wasn't that big a deal.

I actually organise my boyfriends sickies more than I do my own. Coz he lives a 2 hour plane ride away, I'll buy a plane ticket and then tell him NOT to tell any of his co workers that I'm coming down. Then about a week before I get there he has to start acting a bit sick at work, so then for the week I'm there he can just claim a really big sickie for a couple of days. Yay!

Most reactions

Back