The Wounded Warrior Run BC, 2018 - A week in review (Large Share)

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once again I had the privilege of travelling with the Wounded Warrior Run BC Team as they made their annual down the length of Vancouver Island to raised funds and awareness for PTSD and other operational service injuries to our military, veterans and first responders.
The team of seven runners covered over 600km in seven days from Port Hardy to the British Columbia Legislature, and have raised over $75,000 so far.
WWRBC2018%20(11).jpg

The start of Day 1; not bad for a single speedlight! :D

WWRBC2018%20(12).jpg

WWRBC2018%20(13).jpg

WWRBC2018%20(14).jpg

WWRBC2018%20(15).jpg

It was chilly at times....

WWRBC2018%20(18).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(19).JPG

There were some long days...
WWRBC2018%20(2).jpg

WWRBC2018%20(3).jpg

Safety was someti3mes a concern...

WWRBC2018%20(4).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(1).jpg

WWRBC2018%20(5).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(9).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(8).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(7).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(6).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(10).JPG

WWRBC2018%20(20).JPG

Nice Set John!! At least they had some beautiful country to make the run in. I'm confused as to why there are no selfies of you running though, didn't you participate?? You know kind of a "in the middle of it" perspective.:biggrin-93:

Nice on your part to continue to do this work. And I particularly loved #5 with the mist and sunlight.

What a great set.You really captured the conditions, and moments. So many opportunities for boring shots, but you brought real life to it. Nice job exposing the big group along with the sunset. edit- sunrise

Nice Set John!! At least they had some beautiful country to make the run in. I'm confused as to why there are no selfies of you running though, didn't you participate?? You know kind of a "in the middle of it" perspective.:biggrin-93:
Thanks! :lol: This body don't run!

Nice on your part to continue to do this work. And I particularly loved #5 with the mist and sunlight.
Thanks Joe; that's one of my favorites as well!

What a great set.You really captured the conditions, and moments. So many opportunities for boring shots, but you brought real life to it. Nice job exposing the big group along with the sunset. edit- sunrise
Cheers! Trust me, there are a LOT of boring shots still in the can, but it's easy to get good shots with the weather, scenery, etc... I was pleased with the sunrise photo given that there was ZERO time to prepare/plan or go back to the car for a big light.

Excellent set.

Your interior looks like I would expect any photographers car to look.............post accident. lol

But where are the empty coffee cups, the fast food wrapper trash, candy wrappers, and drink bottles

Excellent set.

Your interior looks like I would expect any photographers car to look.............post accident. lol
Thanks! :)

Excellent set.

But where are the empty coffee cups, the fast food wrapper trash, candy wrappers, and drink bottles
Cars don't have back seats where you come from? :D

Great set John. Very cool of you to continue to support them in this manner. Oh, and the front seat of my truck looks like that a lot.

Am not usually in this forum but I saw the title passing by and had to stop....
Thank you very much John ! So proud that folks take the time and effort to appreciate these women and men.
Kudos to you for some great shots that the participants will appreciate.

I may save your car shot so that when my husband says, 'do you need all,this stuff...I'll say, hey that's nothing, look at Johns car '
Kidding, my hubby doesn't mind I leave my camera bag/tripod in the car...

Am not usually in this forum but I saw the title passing by and had to stop....
Thank you very much John ! So proud that folks take the time and effort to appreciate these women and men.
Kudos to you for some great shots that the participants will appreciate.

I may save your car shot so that when my husband says, 'do you need all,this stuff...I'll say, hey that's nothing, look at Johns car '
Kidding, my hubby doesn't mind I leave my camera bag/tripod in the car...
It's a pretty amazing thing to be a part of!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back