Then all hail broke loose......

R-NAGE Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A buddy of mine has this sweet little fit that he tracks (road course). He is always up for pics of his car and I just got the D600 and 24-300 lens, so it seemed like the right thing to do. What we didnt account for was the epic storm that rolled in out of no where. Cheers to FL and our seabreeze!! Hope you enjoy!

$8697941373_2968a2416f_c.jpg

$8697936957_0b11079e13_c.jpg

Stormy weather looks COOL when cars are in the foreground.

I really like them, especially the second one. If I might offer an opinion/idea, the angles are good as they are, but next time try really laying down on the floor and shoot the picture that way.
You don't want to see the bottom of the car just yet, but it might create something interesting still. I'm only a beginner myself, though! I'm not getting my camera 'till sometime in two months or so~ X)
(Like your play on words, btw)

I think you over did the vignette just a bit. What method are you using to add vignette?

With the dark clouds and the dark road, you didn't need to add the vignette. I think a slightly higher angle on the 1st pic, so you don't see that much under the car and slightly different processing and you would have an amazing shot. These are still good though imo.

All great feedback!! I really appreciate it!
Both were shot RAW and then edited with LR4. LR4 is very new to me still so working out the ways to get what I am going for.
That said, I used the exposure brush and bumped up around some areas (wheels mostly) to get more light were I thought it needed it. I then saw that it created some of the vignette you see. I wasn’t sure which way to go with it, either leave it that way or fill more light to take out the vignette. I tried to balance it out best I could. I do see what you guys are saying with the dark sky and then the dark at the bottom. Looking back I prob should have lightened up the bottom as well. Maybe I will try a re-edit and post?

Love the second shot, the last edited one doesn't seem as crisp as with the dark clouds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back