ThePhotoForum.com Outage and Update/Lost Data

ekool

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some of you may have noticed the site has been upgraded to the latest software and we are also running on newer (faster) hardware. The biggest thing you may have noticed is that the past couple weeks of forum posts/threads/media has disappeared.

An old administrator account that was no longer active was used to deface the site and to delete content. We do daily backups but unfortunately a silent error was preventing the backups from being run over the last couple of weeks. This cascade of failures unfortunately left us only with an older copy of the database than we would prefer. We are very sorry for this loss of data and do apologize to our community.

We are still ironing out some of the wrinkles of the newer software so if you see anything else broken please let us know and post in here. Thank you for your support and your patience.

hmm, this is bad dream ... also photos from albums are lost .. I think that this is end for a lot of users here ..

What a mess.

hmm, this is bad dream ... also photos from albums are lost .. I think that this is end for a lot of users here ..
We are working on restoring the photo albums.

Your album is there. Is something missing?

Hello

Hello,

yes, all photos from last weeks ... probably same period within other content is missing ...

regards, ~d
i agree ...seems all the past few weeks are missing

An old administrator account that was no longer active was used to deface the site and to delete content.

I will never, as long as I draw breath on this plane of existence, understand why there are those who not only think it's their right to do *@&# like that, but their duty to.

Sorry, but I'm not going anywhere! Love this community, and this momentary glitch will pass soon enough.

Hello

Hello,

yes, all photos from last weeks ... probably same period within other content is missing ...

regards, ~d

i agree ...seems all the past few weeks are missing

Unfortunately the missing content from the past couple of weeks is the thing we cannot restore as we had to use an older backup. We are really upset about this as I'm sure you are as well.

One of the benefits from the new software is a complete new message editor. It's much more mobile friendly (tablets/phones) and supports Emojis. 🍻

i'm sure this is not how the forum staff wanted to spend their weekend. thanks for all of the hard work. losing a few weeks of data sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

One of the benefits from the new software is a complete new message editor. It's much more mobile friendly (tablets/phones) and supports Emojis. 🍻
Heck, we've been playing with uploading photos over in the Off Topic forum, and I'm here to tell you - it's a BREEZE! Faster than the old version, and @limr said it even let her re-size one before she posted it. Great feature!

Of course, no one likes a hack or a hacker, but the outcome is a faster, upgraded version of the site we all love - so let's just play with the new features and have fun with it.

Poor Charlie - he has to re-do the Photo of the Month winner, and all the images for May's contest, too. *sniffle* Let's be patient with each other for a few days.

Most reactions

Back