There's a first for everything

ShavedMonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my first HDR attempt. I know it's not the greatest subject but I didn't feel like walking off my front steps. I just wanted some feedback on the technique. Thanks!
~Images deleted

Better? or worse?
~Images deleted

i dunno... then it looks like you accidentally cropped off the houses or something.... i think i like it more with the cars... it makes it feel more peaceful for some reason, i think its the fact that they're parked and everything is quiet....

Well, since your question has never been about composition but about the (for you) new technique of creating a HDR-photo, the replies should also not be about composition.

I understand this is a first test photo only, and was never intended to become one of your personal masterpieces, just a photo with which to try out HDR.

And I feel that you are getting there (from what little I know myself about that technique), both ground and sky look good (and one of the two would either be blown out in just ONE photo - or be too dark in just ONE photo) and all in all the photo does not have this cartoon strip quality which some HDRs have (though some carry that effect for a reason and the photo author WANTED them to look like that!). I guess you did not, you wanted to create a photo with a high dynamic range and still have it look like a normal photo, and this suggests that you are well on your way!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back