There's Something Strange Going On In This Town

lordbaca

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I’ve felt indifferent about photography lately. My biggest concern was that if you go out into the world and photograph you’re not necessarily creating something new something that no one has ever seen before. And chances are someone else will or already has taken the same photos. So I decided I would build miniature sets so that I can create scenes that isn’t replicated anywhere else. To test out this idea I headed over to a model train museum where master builders create entire worlds for their trains to exist in. I observed how they build these scenes and the materials used; and captured some great shots. Somewhere in the near future I will bring my ideas to fruition.
VX1_3897.jpg VX1_3906.jpg VX1_3912.jpg VX1_3916.jpg

I like ! Little vignettes of drama..

You're thinking about getting into the realm of Diorama Photography. It's a whole new world that has no limit save your creativity. Here's a couple of other examples A BTS Look at Diorama Landscape Photography Check out the materials he uses, simply amazing. Another one that I've looked at occasionally Work I can't find the other one that amazed me. The guy creates from scratch a city street, complete with cars, people, pets, that are so detailed, so realistic that you would never know just looking at the photograph. I remember one comment he made, is that where most people fail is in missing some minute detail, that you wouldn't think would matter but the human brain is so good at picking up little incongruities that they stand out.

You're thinking about getting into the realm of Diorama Photography. It's a whole new world that has no limit save your creativity. Here's a couple of other examples A BTS Look at Diorama Landscape Photography Check out the materials he uses, simply amazing. Another one that I've looked at occasionally Work I can't find the other one that amazed me. The guy creates from scratch a city street, complete with cars, people, pets, that are so detailed, so realistic that you would never know just looking at the photograph. I remember one comment he made, is that where most people fail is in missing some minute detail, that you wouldn't think would matter but the human brain is so good at picking up little incongruities that they stand out.
YES! their work reminds me of didier massard. hes who initially inspired me to go into this kind of work. I appreciate the links. I've been watching a whole lot of youtube on building dio's but its not just the landscape I'm interested in building, its subjects like mythical figurines. I've realized it takes a lot of time and resources, one of which I don't have at the moment lol. I'm in no rush but i can envision scenes and topics and I can feel the thrusting of my heart to get started. I've never done anything by the likes of building dio's so its a little overwhelming thinking about all the work that goes into making one and one that doesn't look obviously fake

its a little overwhelming thinking about all the work that goes into making one and one that doesn't look obviously fake

That is the key, and I don't know that I'd have the patience. I wish I could remember the name of the guy who made the realistic street scenes. As I recall he might work for months crafting every little thing. He would take multiple pictures of different full size things he wanted to incorporate, so that he could craft it exactly.

Most reactions

Back