there's something wrong with my camera

in all seriousness... i'm loving the camera, as is asia.

haven't taken any serious pics yet.. though were were playing around the other night. biggest issue i had was getting her to stand still long enough..

the house is so dim to the camera. i have 40 watt bulbs in all the rooms. so everything wants such a long slow exposure. and of course, without the tripod i get camera shake. with the flash i get harsh light. even bouncing.

here are a few we took in the kitchen, where i have 4 bright white florescent bulbs..

these are with the 50mm 1.8 at around 2.5 for most of them.. and even in here, it seemed dark, so a lot of shots got blurry.. unless i just had the aperture too open.

IMG_0186 by jaythomson, on Flickr

IMG_0204 by jaythomson, on Flickr

IMG_0210 by jaythomson, on Flickr

IMG_0190 by jaythomson, on Flickr

Glad you're catching on. I think the watermark could be bigger.

Yes.. it isn't visible enough either... try a bright lime green! Wouldn't want your fans to miss it! :)

Yup, that font is perfect. It's * just* on the edge of unreadable. Exactly where you want it to be. You want the potential customer to work hard at reading it. It makes them remember much easier.

On the shots of your daughter and cat, ISO of 100 was killing you. You could bet better shutter speed and exposure with 400 or more. That camera can handle those fine.

this thread delivers
iconmerci.gif

and today, i attempted some urban decay photography.

spotted this old broken down boarded up house.

two windows were uncovered...

i grabbed this of the outside..

IMG_0309 by jaythomson, on Flickr

then i moved in closer to the window, and got this of the inside.

IMG_0303 by jaythomson, on Flickr

and then... i swear on everything important to me... i screwed on my wide angle lens, and i started climbing in the window so i could get some pics of the rest of the house..... and in the doorway, a crackhead squatter appeared and started screaming at me to get the F out of his house!!!

i seriously thought i was going to break my neck jumping out of the window and running to my car!!!

LOL, damn. That'll teach you to go inside someone elses house to get a candid.

On the shots of your daughter and cat, ISO of 100 was killing you. You could bet better shutter speed and exposure with 400 or more. That camera can handle those fine.

yeah i realized after the fact. i kinda forgot that i could just quick fast change the iso, unlike shooting the rest of the roll and switching it.

when i was shooting that house this afternoon, even with my hotshoe, i couldn't get good light. then i bumped up to 800 iso, and voila. i could see :)

i'll admit... i did TRY shooting the moon too.

didn't go so well :(

IMG_0023 by jaythomson, on Flickr

Camera Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi
Exposure 1/4000 sec
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 300 mm
ISO Speed 800
Exposure Bias 0 EV

hmmmm...... :) 1/4000 for a moon shot... well, you did stop the motion! lol! :greenpbl: I would had lower the ISO a good bit.. and probably closed down the aperture at least two stops... F8 or F11.. as that lens is not at it sharpest wide open.... ;) and you don't need a 4k shutter for the moon... just something reciprocal to your focal length or so, to prevent blur!

This thread is a winner, i love it

Btw what camera body did you get?

yeah i realized after the fact. i kinda forgot that i could just quick fast change the iso, unlike shooting the rest of the roll and switching it.

when i was shooting that house this afternoon, even with my hotshoe, i couldn't get good light. then i bumped up to 800 iso, and voila. i could see :)

I never dealt with film, I can imagine the transition would take a little getting used to. How's your daughter liking the new gear?

I never dealt with film, I can imagine the transition would take a little getting used to. How's your daughter liking the new gear?

she loves it. though she hasnt done much last week. she had solo & ensemble over the weekend, so she was pretty focused on practicing her solo.. the camera took a backseat. this week she's just had a lot going on with orchestra and homework.

but this weekend we're both getting started on the 31 days to a better photo program. i've been doing it, but starting over sure wont hurt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back