They are not old photos

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I wanted to try something else with the postprocess and I tried here to make the photos looking old. It's on your decision if I succeeded or not. I've spent a quite some time with postprocess and notably I was trying hard to add some kind of grain. I failed to do it - I mean I failed to like the grain after adding that no matter what I did so presenting them without grain ..

full

full

I hope you will like them ..

thank you very much for your feedback and ..

best regards, ~dan

Awesome photos! =]

Last edited:
Reactions: ntz
I tried it out and then deleted your photo, except for the one that is currently hosted, which will get deleted shortly. Is this what you were looking for? Fun excercise and awesome photos! =]
nkyCeNM.jpg

hello Mike,

thanks much for your input ...

well, I've been having this kind of outcome I think, or similar, I've tried multiple grain modules, also I tried a background patterns like a paper but finally I didn't like anything .. Perhaps I needed more time to just look on the photo and "absorb" the grain .. Your grain looks nice, thanks for it .. I am afraid that I've seen soo much grain tonight that I can't like any anymore :D ... it's nothing personal .. the more I look on your grain, the more I like it, I would perhaps make it less visible (opacity), more subtle and also I'd use a black (transparent) layer mask and make it with grad more subtle on the foreground, probably just on the hayfield in bottom third

ps. my photos are OK to edit .. it's a honour for me if you could be so kind and demonstrate on them what you mean or what you would do better

Awesome photos! =]
Mike, you could leave there your modification/suggestion !! I liked that .. `Photos OK to edit' actually means for myself `It would be a honour for me if you'd demonstrate on my photo what you mean with your advice/suggestion/criticism'

I like the photos, (the plane is questionable). I've found that I can create grain by increasing the light but I don't think that's what you're shooting for.

Reactions: ntz
I like the photos, (the plane is questionable). I've found that I can create grain by increasing the light but I don't think that's what you're shooting for.
Thanks Kirk for your input ...

nah, I was just trying for the sake of sport to do it in postprocess because I was never using the grain .. I tried to do a muted look, then I just played for the educational purposes with several ways to add a grain but I didn't like finally any .. but perhaps I didn't give it enough time to absorb that because after doing the change, I looked on it for 5 seconds and undo it .. Mike just offered a his vision and because I couldn't undo it I found myself starting liking it exactly in 11st second and later :D

Most reactions

Back