Things to shoot in Louisville Ky?

Scuba

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brooksidephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will be in Louisville KY on Sat with nothing to do but walk around with my camera. My wife will be at a meeting all day so I could use some help on some good places to check out. Anyone have some direction for me? I was thinking along the lines of cityscape, maybe some graffiti, cool architecture, or even a park. I am pretty open.

I will be in Louisville KY on Sat with nothing to do but walk around with my camera. My wife will be at a meeting all day so I could use some help on some good places to check out. Anyone have some direction for me? I was thinking along the lines of cityscape, maybe some graffiti, cool architecture, or even a park. I am pretty open.
I live just outside of Louisville. I know allllllllllllllll the cool spots, but not sure what you are interested in most.....

I live just outside of Louisville. I know allllllllllllllll the cool spots, but not sure what you are interested in most.....

Thanks for the messages with the suggestions!

Hey what were some of the suggestions? I go to Louisville every now and then.

Thanks!

Welcome. Well, I am glad I am finding all my KY people on here, lol. He said he was going to be downtown so I suggested, some of the old buildings and the Humana building which which was built with all imported Italian Marble. I suggested the YUM center, be he a UK fan, BOOO, GO CARDS!! ;)

Fort Knox isn't far off. There is a good armor museum there if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Too bad it's too early for a visit to Churchill Downs for some racing, not sure if there's much going on there with training right now. It's a quick cab ride over though to check out the building.

Too bad it's too early for a visit to Churchill Downs for some racing, not sure if there's much going on there with training right now. It's a quick cab ride over though to check out the building.

Yeah I had thought of Churchill Downs and looked up earlier to see if there was anything, but the season doesn't start for a while. Practice would still be fun or even more interesting. I will have the car too I think so I may just shoot over there anyways. Thanks for the input. I can't wait for race season. I will just have to go back during the season too. I am only about ~2 hours from Louisville.

Welcome. Well, I am glad I am finding all my KY people on here, lol. He said he was going to be downtown so I suggested, some of the old buildings and the Humana building which which was built with all imported Italian Marble. I suggested the YUM center, be he a UK fan, BOOO, GO CARDS!! ;)

GO CATS!!!!!

If you're still going to be free around twilight time you can cross the 2nd street bridge to Jeffersonville and get some nice city skyline shots with the river in front. I couldn't find a normal shot but you get the idea.

img8315a.jpg

4th Street Live for the night scenes
Churchill Downs/Kentucky Derby Museum
Slugger Museum
Louisville Zoo
There are usually lots of nice boats right around the Captains Quarters Riverside Grille.
Maker's Mark Distillery

I live in Derby City, love, LOVE going to the track!! I've been several times and also saw the Rolling Stones in concert there a few years ago. Derby tine aroung here is FUN!

If you're still going to be free around twilight time you can cross the 2nd street bridge to Jeffersonville and get some nice city skyline shots with the river in front. I couldn't find a normal shot but you get the idea.

img8315a.jpg

Didn't realize you lived so close....Hoosier fan??? Nice shot, however, my fav building is the Humana building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back