Think this is a spider? Well, you're right.

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But what spider is it?

BlackSpider.jpg

Seriously, I'd like to know what this is...its very tiny...fast...and is not scared of humans...it jumped right at me as soon as I took this photo...got a nice little jump for such a small spider...I'm sure it jumped at least 3 or 4 inches...although I didn't hold it...I would imagine it was the size of a man's pinkie nail...

Spiders... they make for cool pictures... But when I am shooting spiders... I use my 75-300 at max zoom... I HATE them thar arachnids.... I admit that I am an arachnophobe...

Sorry I don't know what kind that is...

Oh, come now, it was just a LITTLE itty-bitty, teeny-weeny spider...now this dead wolf spider was HUGE...thankfully it was DEAD...otherwise I may have had to become arachnophobic for a little bit...:

DeadSpiderSmall.jpg

Are there any ideas as to what kind this is and/or does anyone know of any forums I could post this "snapshot" to that would house people in-the-know?

I was thinking it was a Black House Spider as well, but they seem to be larger than this was unless this was immature...and it WAS taken inside...well...a covered porch anyways...thank you for all the help...

Which camera are you using for these pics? I tried taking photographs of really small spiders that appearing at my house (and i do mean really small) but all those pic were blurry. I have a standard Sony Cybershot.

Most reactions

Back