Thinking about a Nikon D800....Upgrade from D7000.. Thoughts?

I think I'm reaching the limits of my camera. I couldn't say that a year ago, but lately I've been feeling... Limited.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too feel that with my starter camera. In order to avoid fixating on the limitations of my gear, i just move on to photographing different things.

Sent from my hamster using pouch-technology

I shoot products, portraits, landscapes, pets, animals, macro's, etc. It's new body time. Just not sure of the best path.

Jake

Well, you are already on the ledge of crop sensor camera capabilities. Maybe you should consider the d6x0 or the d8x0/e?

I think I'm reaching the limits of my camera. I couldn't say that a year ago, but lately I've been feeling... Limited.

Jake

I too feel that with my starter camera. In order to avoid fixating on the limitations of my gear, i just move on to photographing different things.

Sent from my hamster using pouch-technology

I shoot products, portraits, landscapes, pets, animals, macro's, etc. It's new body time. Just not sure of the best path.

Jake

D800 all the way!

If you got the coin and the glass, go for it. You want be disappointed.

So, if you were going to be upgrading from the 5200, would the 7100 be a good stepping stone up toward a full frame? I'd like to have backup as well in case something craps out on shoot...

Sure, and it could be that the d7100 will be your last upgrade for a long time, it is a highly capable camera.

So, if you were going to be upgrading from the 5200, would the 7100 be a good stepping stone up toward a full frame? I'd like to have backup as well in case something craps out on shoot...

The D7100 would make a great upgrade to a D5200 but if FX is on your mind and you got the money, I say skip to FX instead. I upgraded from a D3100 > D300 > D7100 and > D800. I should have just went from the D3100 to the D800. I spent about 4 months with the D7100 and realized I really needed the D800. Larger View finder, external ISO button, better ISO performance, 36mp sensor (comes in handy when printing) etc.

Sounds like you need a psychologist to help justify it to yourself rather than us telling you to go for it.
we could ask you what is limiting you.
but what I've found is that you grow quicker when you have something in your hand that you really enjoy versus something that you think is limiting you.
so to get yourself a 800 and enjoy using it.

Where is it written that one needs to master their D3XXX before upgrading to a D5XXX, or master their D5XXX in order to upgrade to a D7XXX etc?

If you got the extra cash to buy the camera you want, go for it.

Where is it written that one needs to master their D3XXX before upgrading to a D5XXX, or master their D5XXX in order to upgrade to a D7XXX etc?

If you got the extra cash to buy the camera you want, go for it.

That's not really what we're saying. It could be that you are the type of person who doesn't need to upgrade beyond a certain camera, not everyone really needs a full frame for example, so you spend less and get the d7100 because it is a way lesser commitment. So upgrade by all means, just so long as you can get the shot you need.

Well, it's on order. It'll be here this week!!

NOOOooooooooooo

DOn't do ITttttttttttt

Oh wait ......
you already did

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Never Mind :)

Don't forget lenses!!! Buy the best you can afford for your purposes. You will always have your glass, but bodies will come and go....

Going from 24 to 36 ... that's 1/3 more Bacon to cook now.

Don't forget lenses!!! Buy the best you can afford for your purposes. You will always have your glass, but bodies will come and go....

Going from 24 to 36 ... that's 1/3 more Bacon to cook now.

I'm so excited to shoot landscapes with it. Woowoo!

I too am excited to see the 0.7 megapixel version for the web.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back