Thinking about getting a tattoo?

A hippo sporting a mohawk, riding a hotdog, squirting condiments? Well of course it’s party time. That text kind of insults my intelligence.
:lmao::lol::lmao:

Oh those were intense... Damn!

Hehe, other than ugly Tattoos I find it amusing when people get these tattoos in a different language, chinese for example, and they end up walking around with something fancy looking but for anyone capable of reading it it says "I'm an Idiot" :p

The tattoo industry is very similar to photography in terms of client expectations and level of skill.

In the last 5-6 years, there has been such a boom in tattoos that anyone and their uncle who thinks they can draw will pick up a tattoo gun and think they can tattoo. I have seen good artists suck at tattoos and I have seen mediocre artists able to apply already drawn tattoos with perfection.

Finding a great tattoo artist involves alot of time and research. Going to various shops to look through books and find someone whose art you like. And then when you sit with them for the consultation and then learn that the great ones are booked years in advance and will charge $250 + an hour for work (I'm not talking Miami Ink here, regular non-over hyped shops).

Similar to photography in that anyone and their uncle with a camera thinks they can do great photography because they bought a $2000 camera and have $5000 of lenses. Its WAY more than that.

Tattoos like this are just a sign of people wanting something for cheap.... how many bad wedding pictures have you seen?

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back