Thinking about picking up the XT-2

I'll be getting a X-T20 or more preferably a X-T2 when the finances can afford it. I prefer the feature set with color controls that JCD mentions which is absent on the X-T20; plus the grip.

I'm also still looking at SONY too but have always preferred Fuji even since before I bought my D7000 years ago.

Thanks agin everyone I really do appreciate everyone's input!

Additionally, the use of adapters opens up a whole new world of possibilities for affordable, legacy glass. I recently bought a Tair 11a and it is an absolute blast to use. The focus peaking highlights make manual focus a breeze. So you can use your existing macro lens.

@jcdeboever
You bring up a good point and the only real concern I have about this camera and that is using it with adapters. While I love the idea of dabbling with some old legacy glass the flip side to this is that using any of my canon glass on this camera is not really an option for me. As far as I am aware due to the internal aperture control canon uses. I can't even use my manual focus macros lens for this because I'd have no way to change the aperature without first mounting the lens to a canon body, setting the aperture then diconeecting the lens. I have not found an EF to X mount adapter anywhere which has contacts to allow for this. I really hope someone comes out with one. I could care less about auto focus I use manual Zeiss classic lenses all the time but not being able to change aperture is the one and only thing that makes me reconsider Sony. Not being able to use my existing collection of macro lenses or manual Zeiss glass on this body does really bother me. I'm pretty sure I can get over it but still.

Does anyone know why a smart adapter does not exist to all changing aperature on canon?

It does: KIPON EOS-FX A adapter will allow you to mount your Canon EF lenses on a Fuji X body and have aperture control.

Joe

If the lens has an aperture ring, you wouldn't need any fancy adapter, the $10 ones work great. It may not indicate it in the view finder but it still works as normal. Not sure about infinity focus things but I have not encountered any issues there with several Canon fd, and m42 glass.

As Joe stated above, there is a vialble option for the non a-ring glass.

I'll be getting a X-T20 or more preferably a X-T2 when the finances can afford it. I prefer the feature set with color controls that JCD mentions which is absent on the X-T20; plus the grip.

I'm also still looking at SONY too but have always preferred Fuji even since before I bought my D7000 years ago.

What appeals to me about the X-T2 is having a knob on the top of the camera to set ISO. The camera has that as well as knobs for shutter speed and exposure comp. The rangefinder style bodies don't have it and neither does the T20. In the old days our ISO was determined by the film we loaded. I'm accustomed to putting in an ISO in the menu and leaving it alone but the ISO knob would certainly provide some added convenience and get me adjusting it often.

It does: KIPON EOS-FX A adapter will allow you to mount your Canon EF lenses on a Fuji X body and have aperture control.

Joe

Thanks @Ysarex I should have mentioned that I did find these types of adapters with the added aperture ring inside them. Although the one you linked seems better quality that the ones I found most had very poor reviews. Do you or anyone else have experience with these or know of any downsides to using them? I don't recall for sure but I want to say some reviews mentioned inferior bokeh and significantly worse vignetting over the lenses native aperture.

Leaving Nikon? Or just supplementing it?

Leaving Nikon? Or just supplementing it?
supplementing

Joe

Thanks @Ysarex I should have mentioned that I did find these types of adapters with the added aperture ring inside them. Although the one you linked seems better quality that the ones I found most had very poor reviews. Do you or anyone else have experience with these or know of any downsides to using them? I don't recall for sure but I want to say some reviews mentioned inferior bokeh and significantly worse vignetting over the lenses native aperture.

Inferior bokeh? That's a reviewer who doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Lens bokeh can't be altered by a mount adapter.

Joe

Joe

Inferior bokeh? That's a reviewer who doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Lens bokeh can't be altered by a mount adapter.

Joe

Yeah I wont pretend to be any kind of expert on what does or does not constitute good or inferior bokeh in any sense. I think the jist of that persons comment was the aperture blades of whatever adapter they were using did not produce the same quality of bokeh balls or something to that effect. In any case from the sounds of it this may well be a viable option for me! So pretty stoked on that.

Is there any versions considered "Grey Market" that should be avoided. Or all all X Series serviceable in the US ?

Likely to be some bargains on new XT-1 bodies during the holiday shopping frenzy beginning this Friday.
Yes but it's been mentioned the X-T2 is much better than the X-T1 other then the jump from a 16mp to 24mp sensor.

The benefits of the pixel boost aren't entirely uniform, nor are the improvements in AF meaningful if you're not shooting action. The joystick? The dial changes? Again, personal preference. My only point was, though, that heavily discounted X-T1 bodies are killer value now. Jeesh, a camera store chain in Toronto was selling new X-T1s for C$599 last weekend.

Likely to be some bargains on new XT-1 bodies during the holiday shopping frenzy beginning this Friday.
Yes but it's been mentioned the X-T2 is much better than the X-T1 other then the jump from a 16mp to 24mp sensor.

The benefits of the pixel boost aren't entirely uniform, nor are the improvements in AF meaningful if you're not shooting action. The joystick? The dial changes? Again, personal preference. My only point was, though, that heavily discounted X-T1 bodies are killer value now. Jeesh, a camera store chain in Toronto was selling new X-T1s for C$599 last weekend.
what Toronto store ??

and as you mentioned .. it all depends upon what you plan on using the camera for whether the X-T2 is a better fit then the X-T1.

what Toronto store ??

and as you mentioned .. it all depends upon what you plan on using the camera for whether the X-T2 is a better fit then the X-T1.

Henry's. The deal was specific to one-day, grand-opening pricing at one of two new stores over the last month. Might be repeated this Friday and/or Boxing Day. Grabbed a mint, boxed Silver Graphite X-T1 with a new battery grip for the same price last week. If it repeats, I may pop for a black X-T1! Have had nothing but pleasure from the 16mp sensor in my X100T. I'll shoot the crap out of these and update 'em when the current 24mp models turn over.

That’s a great deal for a new Xt1 but I have a friend who went that route (got a great price on a used Xt1 instead of going for the Xt2) and she regrets not spending the extra money and getting the 2. It takes away some of her enjoyment of the Xt1 and she admitted that if she had it to do over again she’d spend the extra and buy the Xt2. For me it was tough to pay full price since I’m used to buying used gear but I’m glad I got the Xt2 and have no regrets.

Most reactions

Back