Thinking about selling and buying some lenses for Canon...What do you think?

TylerV85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I own four lenses in my canon setup with a 5d Mark II and a 50D camera. I also have a 580ex II and a 430 ex II. The four lenses I have are the 24-70f/2.8L, the 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro, a 28-135 kit lens, and the el cheapo 50mm f/1.8 II.

I'm thinking about selling the 100mm because it's macro capabilities are much more than I actually need. The only thing I take macro shots of are rings/other wedding details when shooting a wedding. I have found that the 24-70mm mounted on my 50D is a great macro lens for wedding details.

With the funds I receive from my lens I plan to purchase a second pocket wizard to complete my two light setup and either A) 85mm f/1.8 or B) 100mm f/2. I think my setup is lacking because I don't have a fast prime that can be used in a professional setting. Also wanting to start shooting indoor sports where I think the faster 85mm would come in handy.

What's your opinion?

If you don't currently use nor plan to use the 100 macro in the future. Then I would say its just money being wasted in your bag. Again if your not using nor do you think your going to use the 50. Then you could get a little bit for it (didn't cost much in first place). As for which lens for indoor sports. When I did it, I never used a prime. Deppending on where your located you can be limited to what you can get in the shot for close up action. I don't see a long zoom in your list. Like a 70-200 f/2.8L or even 70-200 f/4.0L. If it were me thats what would be in my bag next. The 70-200 would be a good indoor sports lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back