Thinking of upgrading from my Rebel XS

Canon 50d used on adorama is only $25 less than a brand new 60d... Just sayin ;)

The only differences I can give you between them is that (if you care) the 60d has 3 more megapickles, and it's newer :) I am sure someone a lot more knowledgeable can give more detailed differences though :) But still, for $25 difference between newer, brand new model vs older used model... I think I'd just go with the newer NEW model :) And well, I am :) LOL

Yeah the 60d does look pretty awesome but the only reason i was looking at the 50d was because of the higher fps. 3MP difference doesnt bother me at all - anything above 12 works well for me but I havnt had to print anything billboard size lol.

Ah, well I guess that's where we differ... I plan on doing mostly portraits so not much need to worry about fps on my end... Doing events, you might want the higher fps :)

the biggest difference between the 50d and the 60d is the video

marmots - which one has better video?

I'm just curious :) I probably won't use the video unless it's to capture something silly that a kiddo does :)

the 50d has no video, the t2i and t3i are almost identical in quality, but the 60d is best

hah, can you tell how much research I did on the 50d? I'm going to bed now :) LOL

Is there a reason why the 50d is priced more then the 60d on the usa canon website?

The 50D is the last of the original xxD line. The 60D was expected to be a replacement for the 50D, but as it turns out, it's not. Canon placed the 60D at the top of the consumer line. The xxD's originally were a prosumer line. What you lost from the 50D to the 60D are the following: Magnesium alloy body with better weather sealing. The 60D is physically smaller and plastic. Back button AF, granted a personal preference, but those who use it love it. Micro adjust for lenses. Very nice to dial in your af on all of your primes. Dual function top buttons. Everything you regularly changed on the fly was right up top. Rear "joystick" control. Really handy for changing af points on the fly when shooting with too narrow of a depth of field to focus and recompose. There are others as well. Some of these things may seem minor, but they're on prosumer and pro bodies for a reason; efficiency and ease of use. The 50D is a higher class of camera. The 60D is a top of the line entry level camera. The 50D was also a more expensive body when it was in production. So, actually, there are huuuge differences between the two.

Id have to agree that the 50d is a much better camera then the 60d. The 60d is more of a rebel series camera.

Canon 50d used on adorama is only $25 less than a brand new 60d... Just sayin ;) The only differences I can give you between them is that (if you care) the 60d has 3 more megapickles, and it's newer :) I am sure someone a lot more knowledgeable can give more detailed differences though :) But still, for $25 difference between newer, brand new model vs older used model... I think I'd just go with the newer NEW model :) And well, I am :) LOL
what is a megapickle. That some kind of giant pickle shoved into a camera.

3000?? That's it? That's low man especially if you shoot events.

yeah i know right. I have about 15000 clicks on my sony and its only been 2 years.

Id say let your bro fend for himself and get the telephoto. I recommend the sigma 70-200 f2.8 apo. its very nice and worth the price. if you get lucky you might find a deal on a used one from ebay.

Canon 50d used on adorama is only $25 less than a brand new 60d... Just sayin ;) The only differences I can give you between them is that (if you care) the 60d has 3 more megapickles, and it's newer :) I am sure someone a lot more knowledgeable can give more detailed differences though :) But still, for $25 difference between newer, brand new model vs older used model... I think I'd just go with the newer NEW model :) And well, I am :) LOL
what is a megapickle. That some kind of giant pickle shoved into a camera.

yeah - and it decides how big you can print your pictures and some other cool things...

No, really... It's just me being weird (and a lot of other people I know) calling it megapickles instead of megapixels

Most reactions

Back