Third Party Batteries

My point is that not all aftermarket batteries are infallable. Just that it is best to use known aftermarket ones that are known to work properly with your unit.
I think that's a good point. There will always be some chancer cutting costs just that little bit too far.

Maybe it's because I did my research each time but my 3rd party batteries have always been superior in both spec and quality to the one(s) that came with the camera,

Hi!

What a coincidence!! I had the same question as a wanted to buy two more batteries for my Canon 400D.
I found some third party batteries on Ebay. The brand is 'Phottix'. They're cheap, but supposedly good.

Any experiences with this brand?

I've been using an Energizer-brand battery alongside my Nikon-brand battery for 2 years in my D50. No issues yet.

Years and years ago when I bought my first DSLR, the sales person talked me out of a third party battery saying something about inconsistent power flow. It was obviously a crock, but I guess I'm superstitious and I've never been able to bring myself to use them.

Maybe I ought to take a leap of faith and just do it.

I've used 4 Digipower Batteries and my one Canon battery over the last year and a half. The Canon has held up better in terms of power loss, but the Digipower batteries have worked great and seem to have about 85% the capacity of the Canon but at a 1/6th the price(bought these when I worked at Best Buy).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back