What's new

This day, Last year

Went to the lake and found a turtle!
$IMG_0643.webp
 
West Quoddy Head Lighthouse, Maine at Lighthousefriends.com


Despite its name, it is the easternmost beacon in the United States, one of only two U.S. lighthouses with red-and-white bands, and one of the first stations to be equipped with a fog bell and, later, a steam whistle

Must have been some other light, I never made it that far north AFAIK.

The other red and white one is in Virginia. If it's just the bell you recall, I'm sure many have those out in front for show.
 
yeah. I am thinking I'm thinking of Marshall Point, and got confused since this is such a famous light.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom