This Evenings Sunset. C&C Appreciated.

Eva D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I walked out of my house to go to the store. As my best friend in the world started to drive off I stopped him and ran inside to grab my camera. The sky was almost blood red, I was speachless it was so pretty. Anyways I made my friend chase the light and pulling over at a couple places to capture the sunset.

Here are four images that I thought was the best. All images were shot with my canon 50mm f/1.8 lens due to the fact that my ex boyfriend took my lens in our break up. Feedback and comments are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you for reading this and hopefully you like what you see!

1. F/9 1/80th ISO 400

Jan4th2012007.jpg

2. f/2.2 1/60th iso 400

Jan4th2012020.jpg

3. f/2.2 1/160 iso 400

Jan4th2012015.jpg

4. f/2.2 1/25 iso 400

Jan4th2012025.jpg

Wait, did your best friend in the world ever start to drive off without you? Or were you in the car too?

No I was in the car... so i guess we started to drive off and I yelled "Wait stop I'm grabbing my camera!" and he waited for me to get back in the car them went on a photo adventure.. lol

You are blessed with a wonderful sky in these images; i really liked the colors and compositions.... The last one is a classic composition :D

Try to HDR your 4th photo. I have a feeling there is something bigger and more interesting if played with.

I dont know how to use HDR... Can you send me a link to help me with the process. I'm still fairly new to photography and still learning. Thank you all for your wonderful comments! :) I am blessed with a beautiful sky for the most part of the year... gotta love California for that!

Sunsets and sunrises are hard to get right and they are hard to get wrong. The exposure is simple; if it's underexposed it just looks a little later than it really was and if it's over exposed it just looks a little earlier. Additionally what one person likes about one another will feel is boring. Everyone who views them has seen similar sunsets so they have to have something special to separate them from the mundane.

#3 is kind of ho hum. Great color and clouds but pretty much what most of us have seen a thousand times when the sun goes down at night. #2 without the fence would look much the same and I'm not sure that it would be better or worse without it. Same thing for the power pole and line in the first one.

The fourth is a great shot but the horizon isn't quite straight. I like the silhouette and the purple though.

Reminds me of some of the trips I've taken off on dirt roads out of town. #2 Odd pryamid shadow on the right between the barb wire.. ?

Picture #4 is exceptional. Blue/Purple sky, and very simple but strong composition.

Most reactions

Back