This is how I feel today.

Ron, I think you got me sick....lol Thanks a lot!!! Now I feel like crap.

(I sip whiskey when I'm sick)

Keep me warm Ron!!!

You kids need Vitamins.

You kids need Vitamins.

Sure wish it was that easy, but Vitamins really can't prevent a cold, nor a multitude of diseases. Although Zinc tablets have shown to speed up the duration of a cold. It's your own bodies immune system that determines what you catch and what you don't. For most common cold germs, your immune system produces antibodies that will prevent you from catching that particular strand a 2nd time. As for the shelves and shelves of Herbal Supplements, doesn't waist your time nor your money, as the vast majority of them do next to nothing, with the exception of Fish Oils and Omega 3's fatty Acids.

Joel_W said:
Sure wish it was that easy, but Vitamins really can't prevent a cold, nor a multitude of diseases. Although Zinc tablets have shown to speed up the duration of a cold. It's your own bodies immune system that determines what you catch and what you don't. For most common cold germs, your immune system produces antibodies that will prevent you from catching that particular strand a 2nd time. As for the shelves and shelves of Herbal Supplements, doesn't waist your time nor your money, as the vast majority of them do next to nothing, with the exception of Fish Oils and Omega 3's fatty Acids.

Ooohhh... Why do you think that other supplements do nothing?

Joel_W said:

Ooohhh... Why do you think that other supplements do nothing?

I talk to my pharmacists all the time, and to doctors about this very topic. the vast majority feel that natural supplements are based more on myth then actual case studies. You would have to go supplement by supplement and do a short study on each to see exactly what they're supposed to do, and what they actually do. Next time you're in a drug store, or some other retail location that sells supplements, read the disclaimer on the back. Every single one of them clearly states that the suggested claims made have not been evaluated by the FDA. That means that no studies or research has been made and tendered to the FDA at time of distribution approval to the general public. I'm not saying that certain supplements don't work, but the vast majority do absolutely nothing that they claim. Some like Melatonin does help to promote sleep, and zinc does help speed up the duration of a cold.

Taken in moderation most won't hurt you, but many people go crazy and take way too many pills per day that after a while throws off their basic metabolism. The most sensible program is to eat three well balanced meals per day, take a good multi-vitamin, exercise, and see your doctor for a physical and tests to make sure you can, and or should do those things before you actually start a new health program.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back