This is what I call SLAM DUNK!!!

As a Brit I have to ask - What is the difference between your basketball and our netball? Just interested and wanted to demonstrate my perfect command of the Queen's English. ;-)

I don't know. You Yanks. You'll be telling me you've never heard of Shinty next.
Netball is like Basketball only you can't move with the ball, it's only payed by girls and the rules are totally different.
Now please answer the ... er... look. It's after 3am here and my lava lamps gone fuzzy. Am going for cofee (that's like tea only not in bags) :)

Hertz van Rental said:
I don't know. You Yanks. You'll be telling me you've never heard of Shinty next.
Netball is like Basketball only you can't move with the ball, it's only payed by girls and the rules are totally different.
Now please answer the ... er... look. It's after 3am here and my lava lamps gone fuzzy. Am going for cofee (that's like tea only not in bags) :)

Um, yeah...we do know what coffee is, thank you. What's Shinty?

there are quite a few differences between the two.

In netball there is no backboard like there is in basketball

Only two players can score in netball where as any player can score in basketball

basketball only allows 5 players on the court per team whereas netball has 7 players per team.

Those are the major differences anyhow, I'm sure there are many many other difference between the rules and regulations of each sport....

Zach :D

Oh and Netball is non contact, and well the basketball I play is not. I played both in high school, I perferred basketball because I could go anywhere on the court. Oh and the whole short skirt thing, while playing outside in the winter, soooo not cool.

Shinty is a form of Irish hockey. Incredibly violent.
Go on zach, give me the rules. Or is your interest in Netball due to the players wearing very short skirts (which is why men end not to play it) ;-)

Hertz van Rental said:
Go on zach, give me the rules. Or is your interest in Netball due to the players wearing very short skirts (which is why men end not to play it) ;-)

Damn.... They're on to me.... *Throws magic smoke powder on the ground and disappears in a flash of light with an evil laugh* MUHAHAHAHA!!!! :twisted:

Zach :D

core_17 said:
Ok, just a nitpicin pet peeve...TWO different people in this thread have mispelled LOSE!!!! Loose, is the opposite of tight, as in "the noose around my neck is too loose" :)

Ok, I'm better now.
And extra "o" here, a missing "u" (honour) there. What does it matter? You're language is all wrong anyway. :twisted:

And, just to let you know. Whilst I was typing this I had an image of a stuffed Winnie The Pooh and Piglet with their hands tied together having a knife fight popped into my head. I've no idea why. :cry:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back