This is what I want

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by kdabbagh, Jan 4, 2008.

1. BuZzZeRkEr

BuZzZeRkEr TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Its sucks that they don't make a shutter release cable for the D40 line...<sigh>. But i hear the remote works great! I haven't got the remote yet but use the 10 second timer.

2. Joves

Joves No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Instead of a remote you can use a piece of cardboard with the lense hood off. Hold the card in front of the lense, press the shutter for how ever long you are going to keep it open. Shoot in Shutter priority in bulb and, depending on ISO speed how the shutter open for 1 or 2 seconds. Dont use a really high ISO though. Just play with it till you get what you want.

3. Happy Hour

Happy Hour TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Do you really need to do all that? I was trying to do the same thing last week i knew it wouldn't come out perfect without a tripod but I did get the light trails I was trying to get. this pic isn't very clear but Like i said I was just fooling around with long shutter speeds
    [​IMG]

4. Mav

Mav TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Yeah a remote release is definitely the way to go. I used my 18-55, D80, and the ML-L3 IR remote for this one. 4 sec exposure. I was trying to time the rotating beam light at the top of the Eiffel tower and the ferry going by to coincide. Best $15 I ever spent for that remote!

[​IMG]