This one was for my own entertainment....

woodyracing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
but I thought I'd share it anyway. Definitely doesn't stand up to artistic or technical analysis but it made me laugh

"Anger"

Day7 by woodyracing, on Flickr

Alright no interest in my Angry Birds photo, how about something else...

C&C more than welcome, it's my first semi-serious attempt at a "studio" shot (and by studio, I mean my home office with white sheets over the desk and stand-up lamps as lighting lol)

Day8 by woodyracing, on Flickrr

Last edited:
Nice but hey Monster > Red Bull!

eh I'm not a Monster fan, they remind me too much of Kawasakis lol

when I was in high school, I just about breathed red bull. I TRY to cut back on them these days: only on occasion. The original topic I was going to go with was "Bad habits" and I was going to have the red bull can crushing a bottle of water, symbolizing my bad habit of drinking red bull when I should just stick to water. I just couldn't get it to look right, though, so I grabbed a can of Monster and it worked great (though straying from the subject in my head a bit).

For the Monster fans, I did shotgun the can so I could drain it without opening it. Not bad, but I'll stick with my Red Bull.

Welcome to the forum. I have family just North of Meridian on HWY 19

I do like the red bull/monster shot. I might be able to appreciate the anger birds one except I know nothing of the game.

Welcome to the forum. I have family just North of Meridian on HWY 19

Oh awesome, and thanks for the welcome!

I do like the red bull/monster shot. I might be able to appreciate the anger birds one except I know nothing of the game.

thanks! and the first one was kind of a selfish shot, so no worries!

It's under exposed a full stop 1.5 stops because all the white biased your camera's light meter.

From a composition stand point the main subject being in the middle of the shot makes it difficult to place advertising copy. If I was Red Bull, I would want the other product to have less visual weight, particularly that distinctive green color.

rdBll.jpg

Figure out how to make it look lke its oozing green monster blood

It's under exposed a full stop 1.5 stops because all the white biased your camera's light meter.

From a composition stand point the main subject being in the middle of the shot makes it difficult to place advertising copy. If I was Red Bull, I would want the other product to have less visual weight, particularly that distinctive green color.

the only extra sheets I had were those white ones! :lmao: lol

I had some that were exposed more but the silver on the can was too light, almost white and just didn't love it. I understand your point though, I may try it again and I definitely appreciate the suggestions.

I'm not sure that I agree with your composition point, only because I wasn't shooting from the position of being a red bull marketing guy, I was shooting it more as a energy drink consumer with strong opinions if that makes any sense. For sure if I were doing it for Red Bull, I wouldn't use that Monster can, especially not bringing out the bright green. I used the Monster can because I'm not so much trying to sell Red Bull as I am conveying my opinion of it. And if it had been for marketing purposes on behalf of Red Bull, there would have to be something more interesting going on, I think.

I do like the idea of the Monster can oozing green blood, I may very well try to do something with that! I actually had the original water bottle still filled with some water, and some drops coming out of the bottle, some on the table (it's all sitting on a sheet of glass on top of the sheet). I thought about doing something like it with the Monster but I forgot that Monster is brown like red bull so it wasn't a good color.

Now, the way I was coming at it might not have been the way I SHOULD have been, I'm just saying why I did it like that.

Last edited:
Rockstarrrrrrrrrs!

I like Rockstar too but that stuff is gnarly! It's not much worse than red bull per volume but they sell it in such larger quantities. Red Bull has some big cans now but Rockstar has always sold gigantic cans. The one with the twist on/off cap is a lifetime supply of sugar and calories in one can lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back