This past weekend...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry, these are bad quality photos. I do badly when taking photos of movements, adding some zoom to my settings. I can do better with my regular (old) (film) camera, but I don't do too well with the little digital one.

Anyhow, just to let you know where my daughter and I were on Friday afternoon, all of Saturday and all of Sunday and what we (most of all SHE) did:

Landes_StartFinale1B.jpg

My daughter (and 7 other girls) starting the final over the 100m breaststroke distance (she came out fourth while she had entered the finals as seventh, coming out nearly 7 seconds faster than she still had in the morning during the heat)

Landes_StartFinale2L.jpg

Another start, finals again, this time the 200m medley. She entered this one sixth and came out third, just over one second faster than in the morning during the heat)

Ah! You don't know who of all these is my daughter. She kind of sticks out...

Winning ceremony for the C-finals over the 200m medley (remember, she won herself a third):
Landes05_SEFinale2L.jpg

Would you say that it shows she's been on training camp in Turkey for two weeks?

Landes05_WartenFinale2B.jpg

Landes05_WartenFinale2B_2.jpg

The girls who swam the C-finals over the 200m breaststroke on Sunday afternoon (the others were taken on Saturday afternoon) waiting in line for their defile to the starting blocks - oh yes, things were quite official in the finals, with the three groups (A-finals, B-finals and C-finals) walking to the start in single file, their names being read out individually while they were standing there and all that jazz - my daughter felt quite big!).

And when you come out third of a final, photos like this just HAVE to be taken:
Landes05_SEFinale2B.jpg

Yes, another third over the 200m breaststroke finals, and a time 8 seconds better than in the morning. She is a "night owl".

And just for the fun of it:
Landes_SwimElite_SEFinaleA50S.jpg

Some of Germany's ace swimmers, Lars Conrad, Thomas Rupprath and Lutz Sänger after their A-finals over 50m butterfly - oh yes, we met quite prominent people - and my daughter wasn't interested in the least.

Ohhh Swimming Comps are so nerve racking. There's the waiting in line behind your blocks watching everyone else going. Then it's almost your turn, then you realise that you really really have to go to the toilet!
But I love it when you're in the water swimming and everytime your ears come above the water you can hear the crowd cheering and then it all goes quiet again when you're under the water.

The second photo is really cool... but also really weird. It looks like the swimmers are just tacked onto the background - especially the girl in the blue bodysuit.

Thanks for sharing - they're great and tell your daughter Congratulations!

Thanks, Meysha, well, that second photo also shows that my daughter STILL doesn't keep her legs straight in the starting phase... I have photos taken at the same championships two years ago in which she also has her legs thus "loose"... something she must work on. (And she says she never hears the cheers at all).

enjoyed the pictures. Your daughter has some powerfull looking legs compared to the other girls, she must work out on wieghts regularley, well toned.

Oh no, no weights for a 12-year-old! No. She "only" swims. And swims... and well, it does show that she was in training camp in Turkey, right?
And some of the long, lanky ones are just so much more effortlessly faster than she is...

There is nothing better than a proud parent. Keep up the good work, both of you. ;)

Thanks for the peek into your weekend.

Wow, you met Thomas Rupprath. :shock:

Congrats to your girl and nice pictures. :)

Niki said:
Wow, you met Thomas Rupprath.

Well. Yes. "Met him" says too much. But he was there - and looked into MY camera when I took the picture :).

But I usually have more eyes for my deeply tanned little girl on occasions such as that one - surprising, eh? ;)

i really enjoyed these; thanks for sharing LaFoto! your daughter is incredibly toned and what a tan!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back