this toilet is growing on me

I read about that! Can you imagine?? The weirdo in me secretly wants to see a photo - how does skin attach itself to something like that?

Hey, you're not Nick Nolte anymore!

LOL i still think it's a joke!

I read about that! Can you imagine?? The weirdo in me secretly wants to see a photo - how does skin attach itself to something like that?

Hey, you're not Nick Nolte anymore!

you know I was wondering the same thing. I guess she developed sores and the skin growing back attached to the seat. I, too, would like to see a photo.
As far as the avatar, I figured it was time for a new one.

Imagine, for a moment, having a disorder so strong that your whole life is held hostage. Everything you love and everything you enjoy doing is no longer important and is playing second fiddle to your fear. The fear holds your heart and twists your mind until it becomes the thing you rely on.
Fear is semper fidelis.

my sister-in-law is a nurse. she, one day, was telling me a story about someone who'd come into the hospital with enormous chunks of skin missing, almost like a shark had bitten both her legs.

as it turned out, the lady had been stuck on the toilet because he family left her there (i mean, wtf?!?) and the sores and what not left her with gigantic holes in her legs in the shape of a toilet seat.

edit: the holes were a couple inches deep. and she said it was one of the nastiest things she's ever seen.

my sister-in-law is a nurse. she, one day, was telling me a story about someone who'd come into the hospital with enormous chunks of skin missing, almost like a shark had bitten both her legs.

as it turned out, the lady had been stuck on the toilet because he family left her there (i mean, wtf?!?) and the sores and what not left her with gigantic holes in her legs in the shape of a toilet seat.

edit: the holes were a couple inches deep. and she said it was one of the nastiest things she's ever seen.

WTF....this isn't isolated

*EDIT*
Or was the one you are refering to an elderly lady?

Different situation there

Damn, that is terrible. I hope neglect charges were filed against the family.

battou, the lady was elderly (i think) and her family brought her there but then just left her.

that one guy, from what she told me, the police were looking into neglect, but anything that happened isnt something she'd hear about.

battou, the lady was elderly (i think) and her family brought her there but then just left her.

that one guy, from what she told me, the police were looking into neglect, but anything that happened isnt something she'd hear about.

Yeah, that is neglect plain pure and simple.

There was a similar situation a couple of years ago where a morbidly obese person had litterally grown into his couch. He hadn't moved in something like 5 years or so and the skin just grew into the fiber of the upholstery. IIRC, they had to take him to the hospital still sitting on the couch and had to cut a hole in the house to get him out.

These are very sad situations actually. You would think that the family would step in at some point and talk some sense into the person. The family usually become the enablers, they are the ones who are bringing the food to the person. The guy that I talked about was taking in something like 7500 calories a day. Without being able to get up and go to the kitchen, he had a wife that was doing it for him. She would bring him 5 Big Macs and several large orders of fries for dinner. Not a healthy situation at all. Unfortunately, he died shortly after arriving at the hospital. The extreme weight and subsequent poor health took it's toll on his body.

Very sad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back