480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As I'm planning a 4-day back-country hike in Yellowstone this fall, I decided it's time I start planning what to do about food. Towards that end, I had two boxes show up at my door this morning. One had an Excalibur 3526TB dehydrator and the other a Weston 65-0501 vacuum sealer.

Now to relearn how to cook......... specially with dehydration, non-refridgerated shelf life, vac sealing and rehydrating in the sticks in mind.

I stocked up on supplies a couple of months ago, myself....

IMG_2292.JPG

You are going to need a bear proof container. But hey... Welcome to Wyoming... When you get here that is.

You are going to need a bear proof container. But hey... Welcome to Wyoming... When you get here that is.

Already have a bear vault. And spray. And paracord.

I'm also going to enjoy the Wyoming Wind Festival. You know, the one that runs from January 1 to December 31.

Already have a bear vault. And spray. And paracord.

I'm also going to enjoy the Wyoming Wind Festival. You know, the one that runs from January 1 to December 31.
Only on days that end in "y".

Are you packing a camera? I would assume so, but I'm also sure you are considering cutting weight somewhere if you are going on a back country 4 day hike.

Are you packing a camera? I would assume so, but I'm also sure you are considering cutting weight somewhere if you are going on a back country 4 day hike.

My first choice will be my Nikon P7100. If I can shave enough pack weight to take the D600 /28-300, I'll take that. But there's no way I'm lugging the 200-500.

What wind?? We have wind here??

The natives probably never notice it until it hits 40.
Sadly true. But really... It's worse in the Southeastern part of the state. Yellowstone isn't that bad.

I know. I've spent a lot of time around Guernsey and Ft. Laramie over the past half century.

Are you getting ready for the Big Event next August?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back