This will blow your mind!

Wow. Reading something like that makes you realize just how amazing some people in this world really are.

Phew neat bit of building there!

Reminds me of one of my dad's friends who I've been told used to grind his own glass for lenses (this was many years ago now).

Thats insane!!! Very cool, He didnt comment on the money spent for the build but I bet its up there! The final product looked fantastic and if you set it next to another camera of the same style you would never know it was handbuilt. Unless of course you were familiar with those model cameras. Thanks for the link!

Wow--that dude is hard-core! Amazing!

Very cool indeed.

Ty for sharing this. :thumbup:

No matter how much your spend on something that you build yourself, there is nothing like holding it in your hand. I bet the satisfaction he gets when viewing his work is second to none. Knowing that you not only created the picture but that you created that which took the picture. Amazing...................

Garbz, how on earth did you find this little gem?

Posted on the Hackaday blog. Though not a hack in typical sense, and pretty far out from what normally gets posted there.

No matter how much your spend on something that you build yourself, there is nothing like holding it in your hand.

This my friend is exactly why I became an engineer :)

Plain out nuts. In a good way. It gives me an idea. I'm more into electronics now and may try to cram the FF of an older 5D MKII into a smaller rangefinder size case. Similar to the Leica M9. I want to do away with the mirror and prism and use it in live-view similar to the new mirror-less systems. I will probably lose AF though in the process. Hmmm...there are a few details that need to be hashed out still.

Wow that is def impressive - I have to give him mad props - I would not even know where to begin with his tools - much less trying to put something together...

Sorry, this did not blow my mind!

Mind you, it is great. But few of us have the shop or tools to attempt such a thing while a pinhole camera is make-able by just about anyone. Huge difference.

Not to mention that he made a 50's camera when most of the people on this forum barely know what film is anyway...

Mind you, it is great. But few of us have the shop or tools to attempt such a thing while a pinhole camera is make-able by just about anyone. Huge difference.

Even if we all had access to the shop and tools, very few of us would have the skill or creativity to accomplish such a project.

"Its not the camera that creates a great photograph but the photographer...." not any different for a machinist is it?

Even if we all had access to the shop and tools, very few of us would have the skill or creativity to accomplish such a project.

"Its not the camera that creates a great photograph but the photographer...." not any different for a machinist is it?

Sorry, I don't buy/acquire tools unless I intend to learn how to use them. Dang, is that not the problem with so many people and cameras?????????????

Most reactions

New Topics

Back