What's new

This work?

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not happy with my shots tonight. I felt more like a point and shooter given the direction I was given. But it is what it is.

I tried a few times to get creative when I could. So here is one attempt.

This cool?

I know dof was a bit too shallow...


7666008224_6b9b5f9afd_c.jpg
 
I like it. It definitely works for me.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
Thanks.

I came out of tonight happy with the experience, not happy with my performance. So I hope I get one or two I like.
 
What direction were you given by the primary photog? I like the photo, but the bokeh is pretty rigid and geometric. Not really much you can do about that though. exposure and comp is pretty nice though.
 
I like it Ermie! Someone in that Bride's family worked hard to make those florals :) I might darken the bright bokeh spots, since they really attract my eye too much
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
What direction were you given by the primary photog? I like the photo, but the bokeh is pretty rigid and geometric. Not really much you can do about that though. exposure and comp is pretty nice though.

I noticed that it was octagonal. I thought it was odd. In other shots I took, where it didn't work so well, the bokeh was normal circular. quite odd.

Primary photog said "I'll take care of the bride, groom, bridal party, and all of the formals. Watch where I am and be in the opposite area. You just float around and shoot anything you want except them, and have fun." lol.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
I like it Ermie! Someone in that Bride's family worked hard to make those florals :) I might darken the bright bokeh spots, since they really attract my eye too much

I think I have a version where they are dimmed a bit, lemme check.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
Here is another one. This looked cool when shooting it...in my head anyway...not really thinking it came out like I wanted.

7666148454_1ce6d09738_c.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
revisited, bokeh toned down a bit.

7666263124_de7e4a35fc_c.jpg
 
I really like the image.... i am not in the bandwagon who look down on "point and shooters" ...the "Point" here is about "composition" which is all about photography ;)
 
Here is another one. This looked cool when shooting it...in my head anyway...not really thinking it came out like I wanted.

7666148454_1ce6d09738_c.jpg

The WB is pretty significantly off in this one. Please tell me you shot in RAW format!
 
Here is another one. This looked cool when shooting it...in my head anyway...not really thinking it came out like I wanted.

7666148454_1ce6d09738_c.jpg

The WB is pretty significantly off in this one. Please tell me you shot in RAW format!

Yeah I did. I made it look like this. Made it a tad on the warm side in raw editor then added sepia later in post. lol
 
for the oof on the cards...clone out, crop, or just fail?

good catch on the vase. ty
 
I noticed that it was octagonal. I thought it was odd. In other shots I took, where it didn't work so well, the bokeh was normal circular. quite odd.

Square aperture blades is the most likely culprit. Particularly noticeable in situations such as yours.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom