Thorny

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Came across this yesterday walking my dog. Couldn't really think of a name, so I just called it Thorny. Kind of wish it had a bit more DOF...

C&C always welcome and appreciated.
Thorny by Wade

My dog also came across several ticks, but I didn't take pictures of those.

Last edited:
i see a picture of a stick that is mostly out of focus, more DOF would probably be a good thing here, i see nothing appealing to look at in this photo except the bokeh looks very smooth and creamy..

Thanks for the feedback, @dannylightning. :smile:

Regarding DOF, I really meant like half an inch or so, not much. I didn't want too much to be in focus...

For me, the shot really captured how I've been feeling emotionally lately. I feel like everything's a blur/OOF, except for the few things that tend to really beat me up.

Not that you'd get that just from looking at it. I'd expect you to take away what you did.

Anyways, thanks again.

your welcome, at the end of they day as long as you like it that is what really matters.

I saw this on ig and liked it :)

colors are beautiful!

but I feel the composition could be improved

I saw this on ig and liked it :)

colors are beautiful!

but I feel the composition could be improved
Thanks! I saw that! ;)

What would you do to improve the composition? How do you see it?

What would you do to improve the composition?
. I like the idea, light and colors, so I would reshoot

How do you see it?
maybe it's far from what you were going to capture, and maybe you won't like it but this is how I see it (your version is soft, nice dreamy... my version is stronger with more contrast and texture because of pike and what I see in the picture)
PS I'm working on a non calibrated, dark monitor and I may be completely off :)

how I see it.jpg

Last edited:
What would you do to improve the composition?
. I like the idea, light and colors, so I would reshoot

How do you see it?
maybe it's far from what you were going to capture, and maybe you won't like it but this is how I see it (your version is soft, nice dreamy... my version is stronger with more contrast and texture because of pike and what I see in the picture)
PS I'm working on a non calibrated, dark monitor and I may be completely off :)
Thanks! :smile: I like the composition, cutting some of the excess out. I'll see if I can reshoot today, if the weather holds up and it's not too muddy.

I'm not sure on the texture, though... I like it, and it seems to fit the picture well, but I'm on the fence.

Most reactions

Back