Thoughts on straps & tripod mounts?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on mounting a strap to the tripod mount. I've been using a Luma Labs "The Cinch 2" strap along with their Arca Plate to carry my camera. I've got a Canon 80D with the battery grip on there and attached to the battery grip is the plate and then of course the strap. Using a 55-250, 18-55 or 50mm i don't even notice the camera. Using my Tamron 150-600 G2 i do notice it and i was wondering if i should be concerned with any damage to the camera from hanging this huge brick off of the tripid mount?

I would never use a tripod mounted strap on the camera mount with something as large as a 150-600. Couldn't care less about the tripod mount but you're hanging the weight of that lens off of the lens mount. It is not designed for nor will any company warranty that kind of abuse. Please put a strap on the lens tripod foot. You'll save yourself a huge headache.

I would never use a tripod mounted strap on the camera mount with something as large as a 150-600. Couldn't care less about the tripod mount but you're hanging the weight of that lens off of the lens mount. It is not designed for nor will any company warranty that kind of abuse. Please put a strap on the lens tripod foot. You'll save yourself a huge headache.
Ah yes, makes sense. Carry the weight of the lens by the lens

Most reactions

New Topics

Back