Thoughts on the Canon Powershot G1x?

Haha! My dad told me the reason for the X was because companies are superstitious (or at least believe their customers to be superstitious) thus instead of naming it G13, they named it the G1x

Canon has already proven themselves superstitious even in the same line of cameras. There was no Powershot G4 because 4 is a bad number in in Asia.

Haha! My dad told me the reason for the X was because companies are superstitious (or at least believe their customers to be superstitious) thus instead of naming it G13, they named it the G1x

Canon has already proven themselves superstitious even in the same line of cameras. There was no Powershot G4 because 4 is a bad number in in Asia.

Hmmm, interesting...

A sensor larger than m4/3 on a compact. Pretty impressive. I just don't like the look of it. It's kind of ugly. And yeah... style matters to me in compact cameras. They are lifestyle devices, I kinda want them to look good.

Hopefully especially for you Nick, they will produce one in pink metallic! ;)

E-PM1_pink__rightside_EZ-M1442IIR-XL-420-90.jpg

Do you understand how badly I want this?!

Oh, give me one! :lol:

Superstition (ain't the way...), 1973.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superstition (ain't the way...), 1973.

Pretty much...

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still looking for the specs on what the shutter lag time is on this. If there's a good improvement it will replace my G9 that I use now when I am not carrying the big boys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back