Thoughts on the Pentax Q?

From all accounts, the prime 01 lens (47mm equivalent) is the best and most used- which is why I looked for a kit with the 01 lens. This will be a fun little camera that can be worn almost like a smart phone.

The 03 Fisheye lens is great too, already having the 02 zoom I chose it over the prime lens.

An example image:

Sunrise by Neil Gratton, on Flickr

An interesting development this week - the Q10's replacement, the Q7, will have a slightly bigger and better sensor (1/1.7" instead of 1/2.3") - all the existing lenses will work with this slightly bigger sensor. There should be a more detailed announcement - with some details of new lenses - later this week.

Yeah, the Q7 looks interesting. I'll have to pick up a Fisheye, as well. :)

Yea I think I'm going to give it a try... for that price point I don't think you can go wrong... I also found a cheap adaptor for f mount lenses for the Q... with the Q's 5.5x crop factor it will be cool for a crazy telephoto setup for cheap.

Hmm... there's a Nikon adapter. So... does that mean I'd get the equivalent of a 1.2 275mm lens if I mounted my old 50mm 1.2 Nikkor?

Yea I think I'm going to give it a try... for that price point I don't think you can go wrong... I also found a cheap adaptor for f mount lenses for the Q... with the Q's 5.5x crop factor it will be cool for a crazy telephoto setup for cheap.

Hmm... there's a Nikon adapter. So... does that mean I'd get the equivalent of a 1.2 275mm lens if I mounted my old 50mm 1.2 Nikkor?

That is correct! A bunch of folks are using them for astro photography on the cheap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back