What's new

Thoughts on this monitor.

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
363
Reaction score
31
Location
Atlanta, GA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The specs don't indicate the display type. Based on that, it's cost, and a couple of othe specs I'm betting it's a Twisted Nematic (TN) display.

TN displays are the least desireable type for doing image editing becuase the range of accurate viewing angle is so narrow. So narrow you usually cannot see an entire photo accurately without moving your head.

IPS (in-Plane Switching) display's are sought for image editing because their accurate viewing angle are a lot wider than TN accurate viewing angles. Dell's UltraSharp monitors are about the lowest cost IPS displays available. UltraSharp U2211H 21.5" 1920 x 1080 1000:1 Widescreen LCD Monitor

In-plane switching (IPS) technology for remarkable colour consistency from virtually any angle

Here is Dell's technical specifications for the 21.5 UltraSharp: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch
 
Last edited:
Dell's monitors are really nice exp for the money. However, the OP only has $200 not $255.
 
The specs don't indicate the display type. Based on that, it's cost, and a couple of othe specs I'm betting it's a Twisted Nematic (TN) display.

TN displays are the least desireable type for doing image editing becuase the range of accurate viewing angle is so narrow. So narrow you usually cannot see an entire photo accurately without moving your head.

IPS (in-Plane Switching) display's are sought for image editing because their accurate viewing angle are a lot wider than TN accurate viewing angles. Dell's UltraSharp monitors are about the lowest cost IPS displays available. UltraSharp U2211H 21.5" 1920 x 1080 1000:1 Widescreen LCD Monitor

In-plane switching (IPS) technology for remarkable colour consistency from virtually any angle

Here is Dell's technical specifications for the 21.5 UltraSharp: Dell UltraSharp U2211H 21.5 inch Monitor Details

Thanks for the heads up. I like the dell. I will see if I can coerce the wife in to letting me have a few more dollars. LOL I know have a better idea of what to look for. Thanks again.
 
The ASUS VH236H is a TN panel monitor. Basically the worst type for colour performance, viewing angles, and every other spec except for refresh rate. If you're into photography I highly DON'T recommend it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom