Thoughts on this picture..

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did edit is a little..

What do you think? In focus? Like the way the back came out?

rose1-1.jpg

You know.. Sometimes I need the flash.. so when I pop it up.. I forget to put it back down at times.. = (

Looks soft to me, what have i told you before ? you shot at 1/100 @ 112mm which on a 1.6x sensor is 179mm

I am still VERY MUCH BEGINNER..Think of me like..

I just bought this camera yesterday.. and used it today..

Try bouncing the light to soften it. Your going to have a hard time doing that with the on camera which is why its well worth buying a good external one like a 430 or better yet 580 EXII's there great. Except no substitutes!

Clone out the leaf in bottom right and left...it would make a GREAT photo background for a poem...great job....come check out my "photos" when/if you get a chance...

am i the only one that notices that it is oof

I agree with some of the other posters, it is a tad soft. And also the on camera flash really took some of the color out of the shot.

Questions for you:
Do you have all of your AF points set to be taken into consideration when shooting or just the center point, it's okay if you don't know.

When you shot this, were you in auto mode (green square) or macro or...?

Providing the EXIF information is very helpful when it comes to the forum providing technical feedback beyond the aesthetics of the image.

Finding EXIF data

The composition is not good. The direct flash casts an ugly shadow. The background is softly out of focus, yes, but about 60 percent of the total frame area is devoted to out of focus brown...a vertical composition might have looked better. With the camera rotated release-up-top in vertical mode, that ugly pop-up flash's shadow would have been thrown behind the rose more, and that alone would have improved the shot.

430 or 580 EXII's Those are flashes? I have a flash.. I try not to use it.. I am trying to "get" my carmera.

Try bouncing the light to soften it. Your going to have a hard time doing that with the on camera which is why its well worth buying a good external one like a 430 or better yet 580 EXII's there great. Except no substitutes!

I wish I could have a 7d and not know how to use it. :(
Well, if you lived closer I would let you help me figure out the thing...

I have had this camera almost a year.. I have two pictures I have taken with it.. that I really like..

this and this

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

and this one a little.. Taken all the same day as the rose..
IMG_4722.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back