Thoughts on this picture..

What Gary is saying is that you need a faster shutter speed. When you are zoomed in your shutter speed should always be at least 1/focal length. So if you are shooting at 180mm, your shutter speed needs to be AT LEAST 1/180s to reduce camera shake.

I would agree with the shutter speed thing, except that she used a flash... look at the exposure. What you see is only what got flashed, so the shutter speed doesn't really matter.

I'd say it's focus issues. at that distance, f/5.6 is not going to get much in focus, and it looks like she front focused in this case.

just my 2 cents.

:confused: HUH?

Looks soft to me, what have i told you before ? you shot at 1/100 @ 112mm which on a 1.6x sensor is 179mm

Your shutter speed should have been above 1/200 because you were shooting at 179mm (with 1.6 crop factor) that is why you are getting soft images, i have explained this to you a few times now :sexywink:

I wish I could have a 7d and not know how to use it. :(
Well, if you lived closer I would let you help me figure out the thing...

I have had this camera almost a year.. I have two pictures I have taken with it.. that I really like..

this and this

IMG_4719.jpg

and this one a little.. Taken all the same day as the rose..
IMG_4722.jpg

I really like these two. wish they were a bit more in focus.. but loving the sun flare in the last shot.

Just keep practicing :)

Most reactions

Back