Thoughts?

tdunn06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
CC and anything else you may think of would be helpful. Thanks alot everyone.

Attachments

• $flower1.JPG
    $flower1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • $flower2.JPG
    $flower2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
  • $y34.jpg
    $y34.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78
  • $beach90.jpg
    $beach90.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • $beach87.jpg
    $beach87.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
Im really tired of seeing flower pics haha The composition of the rose is off. It needs to up and a little to the left I think. The photo of the yellow flower with the water is the best of the group. I think you missed the focus on the second yellow flower photo too. Over all I think the composition is off with most of these. :) But flower pictures can be suuuper of boring my opinion. Next time find an interesting subject! Try to think outside of the box :)

laurenvictoria said:
Im really tired of seeing flower pics haha The composition of the rose is off. It needs to up and a little to the left I think. The photo of the yellow flower with the water is the best of the group. I think you missed the focus on the second yellow flower photo too. Over all I think the composition is off with most of these. :) But flower pictures can be suuuper of boring my opinion. Next time find an interesting subject! Try to think outside of the box :)

I assume you haven't yet encountered Mishele's photos...

You will probably get more responses (C&C) if you number your images, particularly if you have more than 2 or 3 of them. This makes it easier for a reviewer to refer to them so that he/she does not have to spend time flipping back and forth to make sure they have the right one for their comments.

I would tend to agree with laurenvictoria, most of these images are nice snapshots of flowers - the pansy with the rain(?) on it is probably the best one. You should check out composition on the web - look for things like "rule of thirds", leading lines, patterns, etc. - Google "photography composition" and you will get more hits than you can read in a year. You could also search on things like "photography composition tips and tricks" or some variation - again millions of hits. A couple of points I would make, is to be sure that your main subject or subjects is/are in focus - I refer to your second one and your last one; and it is often best to have only one major subject in an image and there should be no question of what that subject is, e.g., in your first two. HTH.

WesternGuy

Only #3 interesting. WesternGuy said the rest.

Same here.......flowers is flowers is flowers is......

Flowers are a subject like any other, although not one of my favorite ones. The main problem I have with these is that they're all busy. They don't have a subject which is isolated or distinct from everything else in the frame. The last one comes closest to achieving that, but the background is not sufficiently out of focus, and the rose is cut off a bit. Flowers can be tough because there's usually a lot around them - other flowers and leaves mostly - and you have to move around and pay attention to the background to find a good composition.

My feelings:
#1: This is the best

#2: Flowers overlap making them a mess

#3: Water droplets add beauty; but the wet petals look bad here

#4: The background is busy ...yet i like this

#5: Why kept the flower in a corner ?

Regards :D

laurenvictoria said:

I assume you haven't yet encountered Mishele's photos...
Thanks you, Sir.......:heart:

mishele said:
Thanks you, Sir.......:heart:

I agree with flowers being Boeing.. But unless I'm able to make a day out of it I have flowers and dogs lol pretty much my only options. I have a few other posts of my dogs, some beach pictures, water effects and what not.. But flowers are just the most easily available and fairly good practice for getting contrast right in my opinion. Thanks for the cc everyone I appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back