Three Engagement Photos

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First engagement photo session of my brother in law and his soon to be wife - it was a little difficult for me. Hoping they came out alright. I used my new Adobe photoshop software to edit them since my previous methods were producing crap. It's out of the archaic age for me . . finally.

Used some criticism from prior posts to straighten out my horizons. Hoping to please.

Ball4.jpg

Ball3.jpg

Ball1.jpg

Very very good. I like the blue background and the details you captured. Good, Good, Good!!!!!!!

Thank you!!! Posting another edit of the first one above - can someone tell me if this works? I like the feel to it but could be alone here.

Too much?
Ball8.jpg

She looks scared and uncomfortable! Is she not crazy about taking pictures?

Your colors are great. Loving the blue sky. Very creative poses. Looks like you did well.

Thank you - the sunset brought me very nice lighting.

She was petrified. Absolutely terrified of the camera. She is a very introverted and shy person to begin with so she was very very stiff in front of the camera. The above were some were she looked more relaxed.

Once more photo to add (I promise, my last)

Ball12.jpg

Thank you - the sunset brought me very nice lighting.

She was petrified. Absolutely terrified of the camera. She is a very introverted and shy person to begin with so she was very very stiff in front of the camera. The above were some were she looked more relaxed.

Once more photo to add (I promise, my last)

Ball12.jpg

that one takes the cake.

last photo is the best...colour overall seems to be a bit off to me...a bit flat perhaps...trying upping the saturation just a touch....otherwise, great shots!

I think they are beautiful. Being a color nut, I'd love to see that wheat really really golden though. I love the location!

nice job, Love the last one you added.

Thank you everyone - Elsapet, any ideas on how to pump up the color in the wheat without causing everything else to be over-saturated? I'm two days into my photoshop program and really only have the BASICS down. If you or anyone else can give me any pointers on how to do this, I would appreciate it!

While I'm posting thought I'd add ONE more - I know I promised but this one just popped out at me this afternoon.....

Ball1crop.jpg

Just wanted to put an update out there that I thought was interesting . . .

I showed the photos to the couple yesterday evening (so that they could pick which they wanted blown up for their wedding) and oddly enough, they hated the photo where he is swinging her in the air. They went for the more traditional poses (first and last photos) - I was surprised!

I can never pick client tastes!

Most reactions

Back