Three from proofing yesterday...

JodieO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jottephotography.com
These are just three newborn shots, no big deal... I held a mini-session with mom so she could have a few for Christmas cards and such...

post-1796-1133624714.jpg

post-1796-1133624783.jpg

post-1796-1133628124.jpg

Awww.
I envy you.
I had so hoped my friend (who had a baby on 14 September) would give me the chance to take some more artistic than just snapshot-like photos of her son when he was so little. But no. Mommy was overly protective and I only "got him" in clothes and in everyday situations. Nothing to be tried out with regards to light and poses and extras... There won't be any other babies in my immediate surroundings but this for any prolonged period of time (the next would in all probability be my own grandchildren and I do hope those will still take their time in arriving!!!!!!!!!), so I was really disappointed. Oh well. I now no longer ask her...

And well, I am no professional photographer, just an enthusiastic amateur. There is a difference, too, of course.

Ahh... lafoto... an enthusiastic amateur can easily cross over to pro. ;) Personally, I believe it is a drive that is inside of a person that takes them to pro better than any schooling does ;)

I just picked up my first digital less than two years ago. I always considered myself an amateur. I still consider myself an amateur personally, but to my customers, I would be called a pro because that is what they are paying me for! ;)

At any rate... thanks! :), I regret not being into this when my own kids were babies... most of my customers come to me with their babies before kids... because so many people don't think about taking photos of their babies this young and naked! lol! :) I so wish I had pics of my own kids like this...

beautiful photographs! and the card is fantastic :D

i really admire your work Jodie, and i'm glad to have you here at TPF! You can probably expect to hear questions from me here and there as I am trying to squeeze into the business world of potraiture. :)

I think your sample Christmas card is fantastic!

I took a peek at your site just the other day. Really beautiful stuff there. I love your idea for the card, as well as the first photo (in the basket).

Lovely series! I'm sure your client will be very pleased! Do you hand design the greeting cards or use a software/template?

Very nice work! The first one is a real beauty. :thumbup:

Welcome to TPF. :D

The parents of the kids you photograph must just so so pleased when they receive the prints. I looked through your whole website, and each one was so unique and individual to the child! Great shots

:hail: Beautiful, just beautiful shots...
I'm soooooo jealous of your talent!!
I have a 3 month old that would be such a cute subject!

I guess you had to crank up the heat a little heh? :heart:

Keep up the great work!:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back