Three Harley's

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At this shop that I went to take pictures at they not only do car restoration but they also have a sub-shop called vintage steel that does custom choppers and restoration as well. Here are a few bikes I took.
I went a little more dramatic on the processing on the bikes vs the cars. It was intentional not by mistake. I liked the way they came out and HDR and chrome really works well in the first shot. They had other bikes but it was hard to access that area as they were working on about three other bikes and I did not want to get in their way. These were out in the show room.

Blue bike pristine condition

blue bikecropped by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Black bike looks to me like this is an older but I am not expert.

black bike cropped by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Black bike needs work....I think this one is an older vintage style bike...

olderbikecropped by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

its cool you know what those are called.. I assume the panhead was the second picture and the knucklehead the third?

You assumed correctly! They are named by the engine types. The Panhead after it's large pan-shaped valve covers and the Knuckle similarly. The knuckle is increasingly rare, was a beast of a machine and held speed records for quite a long time. If you look at the two bikes you can see the progression of the available suspensions from the late 30's Knuckle with it's rigid frame and "springer" front end to the Pan's swing-arm rear suspension and "hydroglide" front end.

Those two bikes are the great-granddaddy and granddaddy to the bike I ride ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back