Three More From Kenya

baturn

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. $DSC_6742-2 (1024x819).jpg 2. $DSC_6953 (1024x819).jpg 3. $DSC_6958 (1024x819).jpg

Would snuggle with

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

All the cats we saw looked like you could just step out of the car and pet them. But I didn't give it a try.

Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Attachments

• $69278d1395618594-three-more-kenya-dsc_6953-1024x819-222222.jpg
    $69278d1395618594-three-more-kenya-dsc_6953-1024x819-222222.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 101
Parker - Wow! What did you do?
Thanks all, for your comments.

^ I just took the photo in to photoshop and selected just the cheetah, then adjusted the contrast, clarity, vibrance, and saturation slightly.

Thanks. I had already done a lot of adjusting in LR and was kind of afraid to take it any further.

Thanks. I had already done a lot of adjusting in LR and was kind of afraid to take it any further.

I have extremely poor vision, plus more "floaters" than my eye doctor has ever seen in one patient. Because of that, I had great trouble when I first started doing post-processing (well actually, I had great trouble just figuring out how to even TELL when I was getting in-focus shots, but that's a whole different issue!). What I discovered, by trial and error, and the helpful suggestions of a couple of folks here, was that my best bet is to process the picture exactly the way I think it looks best, than do about 5-10% more than that of whatever processing I did, but especially exposure and contrast.
That guideline certainly wouldn't be helpful to some, and probably quite harmful to a few who already tend to go too heavy with processing. But for me, it worked quite well and it's still pretty much how I process things. The few times I've stuck with the way I saw it initially, when I've had prints made, I hated them because THEN I could see that they were too dark or didn't have enough contrast.

Oh, and for the record: Love that third shot!

Love that lion shot. It's a shame for that one twig just beside his eye. Why didn't you just reach over there and move it to the side. Maybe fix his hair a little while you're there :lol:

Beautiful shots.

I took a shot at pp for #3 just because it is such a nice shot.

After...........................................Before

Attachments

• $DSC_6958 (1024x819)-2.jpg
    $DSC_6958 (1024x819)-2.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 93
Love all 3!!! Great work Brian!

Thank you all! I really need to learn some photoshop skills, but I learn better from being taught ( read , led by the hand ) than by self study. As I get older I get lazier. I will work on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back